corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » universal back boxes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author universal back boxes
stuntman

User status: Offline
   24th Sep 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i universal ain't genrally always a good option, but i've seen a design i really like and just wondered if its difficult to fit a universal box to my corsa b gsi

ne help would be gr8 cheers
jamied

24th Sep 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any decent zorst plc can do it, even if they moan like they usually do.
Smick

28th Sep 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to be careful though mate cuz the bore of the pipes may be different sizes.

I got a backbox off a 1.2i corsa b to put onto my 1.0 12v and my exhaust pipe was thinner than the 1.2's. Got it on in the end but took a bit of clamping & welding, bit of a hasstle (I only paid £20 for the backbox so I wasnt too worried) but if your going to buy a new one I would make sure its gonna fit nice cuz im sure ul be paying more than £20 for it.

Smick
blundey

28th Sep 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all ^^. That problem the guy had above can easily be fixed with a reducer pipe. The problem u will have is, and its not a problem, is the garage will need to weld on some bracket more than likely and they will charge you more money for the labour. Other than that its a piece of piss!
MarkFletcher72

30th Sep 04 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a universal backbox from Prosport UK and fitted it to my Corsa C and it has been fine, no rattles or anything and it sounds fine. Cost me £50 to get it fitted though when it would normally only be £10-£20 for an actual Corsa C exhaust.
sim0ng

6th Nov 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can fit a backbox yaself mate! aint hard, I fitted mine maself, tis universal and went on easially, ya wanna get down to halfords and get this black guey shit, can't think o what its called but ya smear it all over, bung the pipe in the end, tighten it up, hang it on and leave it for a while to set, and thats about it
smegal

7th Nov 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sim0ng
you can fit a backbox yaself mate! aint hard, I fitted mine maself, tis universal and went on easially, ya wanna get down to halfords and get this black guey shit, can't think o what its called but ya smear it all over, bung the pipe in the end, tighten it up, hang it on and leave it for a while to set, and thats about it

gun gum

New Poll