corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Induction kit on 12v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction kit on 12v
CHR15B

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 04 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How will it sound at what points?

Whats gonna happen with fuel consumption?
messham11

2nd Oct 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what one u get! Hada K&N on my old rover and it sounded awesome when giving it some.
Gota pipercross 1 on my sport and its a it meatier but not as loud.

Wont hardly effect fuel comsumption ona 12v
antscorsa

2nd Oct 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a bfo on mine sounds ok bit crap at stand still.
shawboy

2nd Oct 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt tell with my k&n.
just drill airbox
blundey

2nd Oct 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all inductions sound crap at stand still because they are not sucking in enough air for them to even make a noise. Its not until usually over 3k revs until u hear it no matter on the make.
ed

2nd Oct 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will sound like a wasp in a biscuit tin. Really chavesque, just what you want... You will loose on fuel consumption, you will loose BHP and you will get flat spots in the powerband. But, on a plus note you will be able to convince yourself that your car 'pulls better' because of this placebo mod you have fitted.

Cars which have got air mass meters fitted do not respond too well to induction kits.
Joff

3rd Oct 04 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The use of an air mass meter in conjunction with an induction kit rarely has any adverse effect.
therafiman

3rd Oct 04 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
It will sound like a wasp in a biscuit tin. Really chavesque, just what you want... You will loose on fuel consumption, you will loose BHP and you will get flat spots in the powerband. But, on a plus note you will be able to convince yourself that your car 'pulls better' because of this placebo mod you have fitted.

Cars which have got air mass meters fitted do not respond too well to induction kits.

Obviously not a fan of em then. I have a 12v with a k&n - the sound only comes in at the higher revs but no, it doesnt sound like a wasp in a biscuit tin it sounds a lot better than the crappy rattlin the engine makes the rest of the time. The sound is quite deep and at full throttle in most of the rev range it rumbles very slightly, and then gets louder (and higher pitched) as the revs get to the top end. I wanted it 2 b a bit louder so i joined a couple more air feeds and it was decent - it did sound good and fooled most ppl into thinkin i had a bigger engine cos i hav the original exhaust at the moment. Problem was ppl kept tryin 2 race me cos of it, and u can guess who lost just bout every time

As for losing fuel consumption/flat spots/losing BHP, u might waste a tiny bit more fuel revvin it to hear it but thats about it. It really wont change much, just the sound (actually with the 3 air feeds i could go about 1mph faster on motorways at full throttle, but thats it).

Anyway i'm back 2 havin 1 air feed and its still better than nothin. ppl who slate 12v mods don't usually give many alternatives except 4 "dont do 2 much" or "get a bigger engine". Fact is we can only afford crappy engines and we wanna at least try 2 enjoy em, so stick on an induction kit.

Oh and vauxhall said mine broke my air mass meter. Unlikely, and i hav put the kit back on without any problems. But u could always get a foam one so its less likely 2 mess it up. Its a minor point, i hav other suspicions bout wot broke it.

Talkin bout gettin a bigger engine, looks like i'll b leavin my corsa in a couple of months just got me a 2.0 accord

New Poll