corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Computer protection programs/applications ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Computer protection programs/applications ?
mattyboy199

User status: Offline
   26th Aug 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any recommendations in terms of prtecting your computer against intrutions & installion of programs i use ad aware & spy bot.

I have also used Zone labs which asks you to verify if a program should be allowed or denied access of the internet.

Comments & recommendations would be appreciated as i have jus wiped my whole hard drive after a virus worming its way in.

[Edited on 26-08-2004 by mattyboy199]
Andrew

26th Aug 04 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Ad-aware 6.0, ZoneAlarm and AVG Virus Scan. Seem to do the job
Dave1682

26th Aug 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Zone Labs ZoneAlarm Pro with Web Filtering - I'd highly recommend it - it's packed full of features (such as ad-blocking) that you can quickly and easily turn on and off as you please. I'd get that installed again.

I also have Norton Anti-Virus 2003 which is pretty good, as long as you keep your virus definitions up-to-date.

Get Ad-Aware too from Lavasoft to keep any pain-in-the-ass spyware shit away.

Finally, you could download Stinger - which is just a standalone anti-virus program that you can run whenever you want - its by Symantec (same people who do Norton AV), which is pretty good too.

Those should keep your PC pretty safe in my opinion

New Poll