corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » computer help (recently had a virus)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author computer help (recently had a virus)
modded_corsa

User status: Offline
9th Mar 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite.....

recently had a virus in a music file......which norton antivirus on my machine didnt pick up.....but wen my brother tried accessing it from his machine (wer on a 5 computer home network) it picked up that the file was corrupt and had a virus on it.....

recently i have been experiencing a few problems on my computer aswell......like at 1 in the mornin my computer decides to open internet explorer all by itself and therefore computer makes a bit of noise etc....and wakes me up.....(i leave my computer on overnight as it takes ages to boot up if i dnt) so i sorted that a bit by just unpluggin network cable

my computer is running like a bag of shite at the moment....norton aint pickin up no viruses....music dnt play right...it jumps and in general the computer is slow

now am thinkin of going back to windows ME as i'm on xp at mo and dnt think much to it.....plus i never had any problems like this wen i had ME.

at the moment am using an old ghost image that i took of my fresh xp.....but it dnt seem to be workin to gd as no programs are hardly installed...and may just be quicker to just install ME.

wot are your views on doing so......and could anyone help me bout the virus problems etc,
M2RTY

9th Mar 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u like xp then partition the drive and keep all your bits in there, work, music etc

if u want to go on internet, use 2000 etc on a seperate partition, stopping any junk from going into your work/music etc
modded_corsa

9th Mar 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got 2 seperate drives anyway.....

a 4gb one for O/S system ....

then a 20Gb one for all my music etc
Craig6682

9th Mar 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask Drew what to do. He'll tell you to format c:

What is your spec? Win XP should run fine. I've got it on all 3 of my systems and runs fine.
modded_corsa

9th Mar 04 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spec is

366mhz pentium 1 (i fink) not to sure

128mb of ram

16mb sound card

only using 1.8gb of me c: so no need for bigger drives

unsure of wot to do at the moment

the virus was on my d: and dnt really wanan lose any of the stuff on it as i have... 5000 + pics i dnt wanna lose

about 2 gig of music videos that took ages to download

bout 3 gig of music that i dnt wanna lose

and i am in despair
Craig6682

9th Mar 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You spec is very low end. Therefore i'd say try and put Me back on. Make sure your partition on you D drive is FAT 32 and not NTFS otherwise you won't be able to read it under Me. Don't format your D drive yet, try and format your C drive and see how it goes. Just sounds like Win XP has fecked up to me.

[Edited on 09-03-2004 by Saxo_Nut]
modded_corsa

9th Mar 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Saxo_Nut
You spec is very low end. Therefore i'd say try and put Me back on. Make sure your partition on you D drive is FAT 32 and not NTFS otherwise you won't be able to read it under Me. Don't format your D drive yet, try and format your C drive and see how it goes. Just sounds like Win XP has fecked up to me.

[Edited on 09-03-2004 by Saxo_Nut]

ya tellin me its low spec.....

evrything ran fine on ME so gunna put it on now
and format me c: and unplug my d: for the time being and its all ready set up for fat32
Craig6682

9th Mar 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop us a u2u and let us know what haps

New Poll