corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing EGR Valve? how to block it off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing EGR Valve? how to block it off
DODG-E

User status: Offline
15th Aug 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on a 1.4 16v sport engine, i got problems with this, as every no and again the engine ligth comes on and when the revs drop it cuts out.

I want to remove the egr valve, how can i block it off? and wot do i exactly need to do, do i still keep the secondary air pump? as i dont think that actually works anyway...
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 04 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, may aswell remove the secondard air pump too! that is easy to remove, just unbolt it and block the pipes off with a bolt on the manifold. for the egr its harder ti get to, need to remove the inlet manifold to see it. then just undo the three bolts that hold it on, go get a bit of ally sheet and draw a template of the valve on that, cut it out and sandwich it between the engine and the valve, do up the bolts connect it all up and there u go, one blocked off trouble free egr valve
Rhino

15th Aug 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does this make a difference?

blocking them off?
mentalasanything

15th Aug 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have u still got a cat on ur car???? I had probs with the EGR and it was because the cat was breaking down and the bits were jamming the EGR. So I used it as an excuse for a de-cat and when they turned me cat upside down, all the baffles fell out on the floor!!!!! Get it checked. easier than replacing EGR I can tell you, might wanna remove EGR and remove debris if this is the case tho

Lee
DODG-E

20th Aug 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate i will defo have to check that out as it goes, but im prob gonna block it off aswell"

New Poll