corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine help needed
Mistamist

User status: Offline
29th May 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has just changed the engine on his 1.6 veccy as it had done 130 odd miles and had a hole in one of the pistons.

he has put in the bottom half of a 1.6 cavvy and kept the top half of the vectra. it runs quite well after i sorted the problem with the MAP sensor,

the problem is when the car is revved up to about 3k there is a sound that can only be described as a Diesel engine sound coming from somewhere up top.

he tells me that one of the valves was changed over from the cav as the veccy one was slightly bent.

what could this sound be (its a very noisy rattle). if its the valve lifters how would i check this? he is gonna take the head off tomorrow and see if its anything obvious (told him to take to garage but he very toite when it comes to giving people money for what he could possibly fix himself)

any advice is greatly appreciated.

cheers
Mist
Greasemonkey

29th May 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could possible be another bent valve that ya missed of like said before some valve train problem, best to check, whip the head of and look very carfully at the piston heads for even the tinest bit of contact
Adam-D

31st May 04 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love that saying

"whip the head off" makes it sound like its clipped on and comes off dead easy
corsagirl2004

31st May 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you remove the valve check for craked valve guids, if its bent 1 valve your best removing and checking all of the valves and guides, im sure if one of the lifters are noisey just take the cam cover off and press down each lifter the noisey one will push down slightly easyer than the others due to the seal bein perished, or it hasnt filled up yet, try replaceing the oil and filter first, is it miss-fireing? if its not missing chances are its just a noisey lifter?

New Poll