corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tracking?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tracking?
A_Venables

User status: Offline
26th Jul 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have lowered my 93' SRi 8v with 40mm lowering springs, but when I had the wheels off to put new shocks on the car the front tyres - both have worn on the inside edge - is this normal for a lowered car or is my tracking out?
mike_1.2LS96

26th Jul 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the tracking was out, it wouldn't drive straight. You can always get it checked - it won't cost out if its ok.

mine is -30mm lowered and theres more wear on the out side of the tyre. I drive round corners faster than on straights
mike_1.2LS96

26th Jul 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I would check your tyre pressures as well, +3psi made a big difference to mine.
Siberia

26th Jul 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

off topic but how clean is that engine bay is that yours??
A_Venables

26th Jul 04 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, yes thats my engine bay, tis abit cleaner than ussual but looks different
corsaandy

26th Jul 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say your tracking was out as i had this problem got the tracking done and everything has been fine ever since
CorsAsh

27th Jul 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it'll be the tracking - need to have it checked whenever you do anything with the suspension, especially replacing shocks...
Black Corsa SRi

27th Jul 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah if both the insides and you've just lowered it i'd say it was your camber thats out, cant be adjusted on a corsa b though without a special kit
M16KE B

27th Jul 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
nah if both the insides and you've just lowered it i'd say it was your camber thats out, cant be adjusted on a corsa b though without a special kit

I agree, if it were only one inside edge and perhaps one outside edeg id suggest tracking but because you say its both INSIDE edges id say it was definatley your camber that needs rectified

[Edited on 27-07-2004 by M16KE B]
Black Corsa SRi

27th Jul 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh the kit i mention think its about £80 dont know that much about it though to be honest but a few people on here have got em, i know that much
tiptoptim

27th Jul 04 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just be careful where you get the tracking done. I had mine done at ats and they did a really bad job. They said that they set it up to a normal corsa's suspension. In the end my local tyre place set it up for me and did a good job.
A_Venables

27th Jul 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the replies, the place that did it was my local kwik fit, done by laser, should I get it done by the usual roll the tyre over the pad if you get what I mean or does it make a difference?
Black Corsa SRi

27th Jul 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i said above mate its very doubtful it is your tracking, bad tracking doesnt wear your tyres on both insides, its the camber being out that does that, it'll be becuase you lowered it, u can weither put up wit it or get the kit i said about as camber not adjusable as standard on a corsa b
1600power

27th Jul 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of intrest how do u get ur cars tracking done when u have zero space between the arch and the wheel????!
CorsAsh

27th Jul 04 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate, thought you meant the wear had occurred since you put the new shocks on...

It will be camber mate, same thing i was tellin you about with mine that time...
James_DT

27th Jul 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kwik Fit are shite for tracking, took them 2 attempts on my Dad's Vectra, and it's still out.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jul 04 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowering your car does knock the tracking out.

You should ALWAYS track a car after it's been lowered.

Camber is a problem as well if you lower quite a way but as its not adjustable without replacing parts I wouldn't worry about it.

1600power

28th Jul 04 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
out of intrest how do u get ur cars tracking done when u have zero space between the arch and the wheel????!
hazey-corsa

28th Jul 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its Defo your camber mate i fecked up 2 front tires when i lowered mine and didnt have camber checked, get tracking done at same time if u want but mine was fine after a 40mm drop. Camber aint much 2 do I think and any tire and exhaust place will do it, i just took mine bak to where i had lowering done tho and demanded they sorted it!
Black Corsa SRi

28th Jul 04 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

camber is a pain there is no adjustment for it on a corsa b, your local quick fit wont be able to do it, you have to buy a special kit and fit that, then you can adjust the camber
A_Venables

28th Jul 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I t may look low from the pics if your quiestion is directed towards me, but it still has enough room to get the laser line on it, other than that another local place does it by rolling the wheel over a plastic pad which tells them if the tracking is out and where, not sure how it works tho.
A_Venables

28th Jul 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'll end up leaving it as the handling is good at the mo and the tyres arent wearing enough to warrent paying for the kit and stripping the struts out again!
CorsAsh

28th Jul 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A_Venables
quote:
quote:

I t may look low from the pics if your quiestion is directed towards me, but it still has enough room to get the laser line on it, other than that another local place does it by rolling the wheel over a plastic pad which tells them if the tracking is out and where, not sure how it works tho.

Think he's asking in relation to his car mate

anyone for some scrubbing?

New Poll