corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PLease help. Lowered 40mm, tyres wearing on inside...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PLease help. Lowered 40mm, tyres wearing on inside...
bartoli666

User status: Offline
   25th Mar 03 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have lowered my corsa 40mm. Lately i have noticed the insides of the front tyres are badly worn. i got the tracking checked but that was perfect. I am in the process of havin my car serviced. The garage dude said i needed some struts or sumin because the camber was off. And that was causing the tyres to get worn on the insides. He said if i get the strut thing, he'll fit it. Where can i get these strut things and how much for? I neva fort this would be the reason. Neva heard of this before.
Miner

25th Mar 03 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just one of those thing I'm afraid! It happens because the suspension geometry is changed when the car is lowered, the lower the car the more cambered the wheels are as a result. I'm down -60mm & my wheels noticeable stick out more at the bottom, I'm suprised your tracking was ok! Mines is out after two bumps cos it's as low! You just need to watch ur tyres, swap the fronts even from side to side (If they're not directional!) Or you could fit adjustable top monts if you want, someone posted a link for them 2 me. If you serch under my username you'll find the post & the link!
DJP

25th Mar 03 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the first thing you should do when lowering your suspension is get your tracking done... as miner say the suspension geometry changes making your wheels change from a | | shape to a less extreme \ / shape... which is why the insides of your tyres are wearing.

miner - his tracking will be fine if his tracking was in before the 'drop' meaning he will drive in a straight line... but if you get it re-done (4 wheel laser tracking) after the drop it will stop the wear at the inside edge...

New Poll