corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 16"s lowered 40mm on apex kit - trouble free?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 16"s lowered 40mm on apex kit - trouble free?
Mikorsa16v

User status: Offline
26th Apr 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will i have any rubbing that u guys have heard of? what if i have 3 fatties in the car?
the offset will be 45
tyre size - 195/45
sxi16vjoe

26th Apr 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only had rubbin when i had my subs in the boot but now it dont rub even with 3 in the back.

debolt the rear arches that should sort it
Adam_lee

26th Apr 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 16" spiders and -40mm evo sport kit. I also have a couple of heavy 6'6" tall mates. I had all three in the back and tryed to take off over a local railway crossing and there was still absolutly NO scrubidge.
Mikorsa16v

26th Apr 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
Mickey

26th Apr 03 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have those wheels and springs and i find them to be a bit flexible - only time they rub though is when there is people in the back - ok otherwise!
Adam_lee

26th Apr 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry i was totaly wrong, (i was still sufering hangover when i wrote previous message). I actualy have apex struts and chassis dynamics springs. I got em from PVD where they recomended this combination. They said the chassis dynamic springs are a lot better and that they would split the kit for me for no extra charge! Top lads! the car handles soooo f'in sweet.

said something about the way the car sits? cant remember for sure cos it was ages ago. Anyway, give em a bell see if they will do the same for you!
sykesy

26th Apr 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

debolt the rear arches, no problem at all
mike_southside

26th Apr 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but what does debolt the rear archs mean?
dig dave2811

26th Apr 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TAKE THE plastic acrh off, take the bolts off and then bond it back on useing an adehsive.
antscorsa

26th Apr 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont look as good as lowered 60 at front i done it and no scrubbing
Mikorsa16v

28th Apr 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_lee
Sorry i was totaly wrong, (i was still sufering hangover when i wrote previous message). I actualy have apex struts and chassis dynamics springs. I got em from PVD where they recomended this combination. They said the chassis dynamic springs are a lot better and that they would split the kit for me for no extra charge! Top lads! the car handles soooo f'in sweet.

said something about the way the car sits? cant remember for sure cos it was ages ago. Anyway, give em a bell see if they will do the same for you!

yeah they said that the corsa springs are a bit pants and only lower it about 25mm, so they gave me the 40mm nova springs!
they r good at PVD, they know what they r on about
MattyB

28th Apr 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa is lowered 40mm at front and 50mm at rear. Even with 16"s (205/50) tyres, and with 4 people inside, i've never had rubbing. The wheels are 49mm offset tho - which i have to say, helps loads.

Now i've changed to 195/45 tyres, even more space!

Matt

[Edited on 28-04-2003 by MattyB]
AdiSRI

28th Apr 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the full APEX -40mm kit,was fitted a couple of days ago and its good, handles nice and not too solid, but like u guys say dont lower much. Mine is an SRi and it lowered the back y bout 5mm and the front by 15mm ish.
Thats good for me tho as i have 7.5" wide alloys and they rub all the time now even without rear seat passengers, and debolting the archs will make no difference to meas the tyre/wheel is too wide to fit inside. Just have to save for arch work Oh well.
dig dave2811

28th Apr 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told that apex lower about the right amount on the frount but only bout 30mm on back

New Poll