corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Where've my lights gone ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where've my lights gone ?
H13X JW

User status: Offline
   21st Jul 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite, I just noticed today that when my indicators were on inc. my hazard lights btw the symbol on the dash wasn't lit. It's the same for my rear fogs aswell, the light just doesn't show on the dials. I had the clocks out today n all the contacts seem fine n the filaments on the bulbs don't appear to be broken either. Has anyone got a clue on what the problem could be and how to fix it? Also is it an MOT failier (sp ) as mine is due soon? Cheers ppl
Graham

21st Jul 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a fuse mate, check the inside of the panel cover and replace it job done
H13X JW

21st Jul 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's defo not a fuse mate, first thing i checked (Should have mentioned that really ) But i re-checked again there n not 1 of them has gone. Cheers anyway fella
Graham

21st Jul 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure matey all of them incl think its 13, i remember when mine went out and it was the fuses
j0hn

21st Jul 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made sure the illuminator dial is turned fully right.. this baffled me before thought battery had died
H13X JW

21st Jul 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked again and it's 100% not a fuse. Fuse 13 is a big mo-fo and mine doesn't have anything in there (Corsa b '93) And it's defo not the illuminator dial as the indicator light comes on without the lights been on. Is this an MOT failure? Anyone have a clue wat it could be? Cheers
H13X JW

21st Jul 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely someone must know. I can't be doing with no light, especially wen i decide to sell it
combatprojex

21st Jul 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by H13X JW
Just checked again and it's 100% not a fuse. Fuse 13 is a big mo-fo and mine doesn't have anything in there (Corsa b '93) And it's defo not the illuminator dial as the indicator light comes on without the lights been on. Is this an MOT failure? Anyone have a clue wat it could be? Cheers

if it aint got one there then i guess u need to put one in... give that a go... i aint bein cocky just an idea... some one probably took it out while u had your bonnet popped for a laugh
broster
Premium Member

21st Jul 04 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is an mot failure i think
H13X JW

21st Jul 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the B's i don't think there's no fuse box under the bonnet (unless someone corrects me??) Where my fuse 13 is there are no metal pins inside the plastic covering to hold the fuse into place so i assume it wouldn't need one. But thanx for the reply anyway m8. I have had the clocks out tonight and swapped bulbs about left right and centre and no matter which working bulb i put into the slot for the indicators it doesn't light, i've also checked all the contacts etc. just incase.

Cheers for the reply broster, altho i didn't really want to hear that response So now it's not only annoying it's illegal. Gr8. Thanx for the replys. P.S It was working fine for the past few months altho the light never lit wen the hazards were on Anyone recomend wat i cud do to solve this?

[Edited on 21-07-2004 by H13X JW]
H13X JW

22nd Jul 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: Spoken to my MOT garage today n it's defo an MOT failure Crap! He mentioned it might be the printed circut (sp?) on the bck of the clocks. Anyone got an idea how i wud fix or repair this damn problem? Or is it a case of a new set of clocks?
Black Corsa SRi

22nd Jul 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its the PCB mate you are prob best to get a new set of clocks cause they are a pain and really its bad practice to fix them anyway, assuming it a track that broke. If you have a look at the PCB and its a bit of corrosion or somethig just try cleanig it up. have you put a meter onto the contacts of the bulb holders and tested whether or not power is getting to them when your indicators are flashing etc?

New Poll