corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » AAARRGGG Gearbox Packed Up

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AAARRGGG Gearbox Packed Up
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
13th Jul 04 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tis ok im chasing another C20XE for £200 and i have contacted the owner of the other to come to some kinda deal, i might try and make money on em, if not ask me mechanic how much to stick it in for the time being, but got me heart set on the let
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u must rlly love ya motor buddy

I got my heart set on a honda civic VTech or CR-X Del Sol VTech...

keeping the corsa for now...new rims, manifold and unichip..hopefully bump it up to 130-140bhp..
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously the rims wont make it faster
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah well spent that much on it i dont wanna sell it to some pikey who will show it off as his and wreck it, i would rather enjoy it, then strip it so no one can have it, lol, i looked at the CRX del sol'd they are nice, dont like em standard but once slammed with rims they look the dogs. Ya gettin an inlet manifold or exhaust????

[Edited on 13-07-2004 by Greasemonkey]
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already got a st/st cat back zorst system and finking along the lines of velos/mantzel inlet and unichip to smoooooth it out and to get the best outta it...would I need to get the rev limiter raised? if so, how?
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and yeh the convertible del sol's are sweet when slammed on some nice rims...fing is missus moaning coz its a 2-seater and she goin on about kids.. ..

so thats why i'm finking of 3dr civic vtech as still 160bhp engine but 4 seats
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmmmm the 160BHP models are NICE!!! have ya fun before the kids arrive, go for Velos, cheaper and nought in it between mantzel and velos, mantzel just looks a tiny bit nicer, get the unichip fitted and mapped and at the same time get a unichip rev limiter raiser, its an add on to the chip, ya want 7500rpm limit, but i would get arp's to be safe and SBD metal idler pulleys. thing is with the new inlets they dont pull much till 5000RPM then all of a sudden the car will pull hard right up to 7500rpm so if ya dont get the limit raised ya missing out on a potential 10+BHP that could be used
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they r, and so quick...with a bit of HKS magic under the bonnet ...

Yeah was thinking of Velos & Unichip at same time...never thought about the other bits... so how much would that all cost ...

Velos inlet
Unichip + Rev limit raiser add-on fingy
ARP's (woteva they r?)
SBD metal idler pulleys (wtf? )

and how much gain shud I expect from all that? Only mods so far lowered -40mm, 15" alloys (soon to be 16" ) and full st/st zorst system.
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right Velos Turqe tube is about £250ish should see a 18BHPish gain with that
Unichip will see ya 3-4BHP but make power delivery much smoother £400fitted+mapped
Think the raised limit is an extra £150
The ARP's are con rod bolts holds ya pistons to the crank, dont want them braking!!! they are £75 for the bolts £75 fitting at velos no power gain just peice of mind
Idler pulles are the 2 rollers that the cam belt passes across, the standard items tend to break up at high rpm as they are nylon, the SBD ones are metal and Never need changing unlike the standar dones they need doing at every cam belt change, these are about £120 from SBD and fitting will be about £80ish squid,
with your engine X16XE and the above mods ya willl be looking at the 130+BHP braket

PS dont go any larger than 16" wheels they sap power, i got 17's and they slow me down allot still do 0-60 in about 8 seconds

L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy

but thats a lotta £££ which I did expect so to be honest as I'm thinking of changing it end of next year wud it be worth it? I dunno at da mo coz the amount of £££ spending to tune it up I cudda saved for me VTech...sell corsa for about 3.5k and a S Reg Civic is only around 4k depending if they're standard or not...and wud have 160bhp str8 away and then spend money on that?! I dunno really... + I wud have 2 NCB and be 21 coming on 22 so insurance on VTech wud be managable

Do u know if the VTech comes with LSD/LDS woteva its called? And wots the difference between Civic VTi and VTi-S? Is the VTi-S the Jordan model? Soz bout all the q's just ya seem to know a bit about motors
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes I am only goin up to 16's..might even getta nice set of 15's
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15's are best dude, TBH i feel i have wasted my money on my engine would have been cheaper putting a C20XE in costs £1500 max and is 150BHP straight off. I would wait for a screaming V-tec with ya 160BHP like ya said when ya got the money ya can bump that up a bit more, although v-tec units are highly tuned as standard unlike the corsa engine so ya have to wring every last bit out of a v-tec ya chasing the odd bhp here and there unlike the corsa which has nice power gains hidden behind it restrictions. As for the jordan question i think all Jordan civics were jordan yellow, so if ya see a VTI-s that aint yellow then the answers no lol, LSD=limited slip differential, it controls the power going to the wheels meaning more tracion and control at launch
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer I think I might save up for the V-Tech coz they are minter engines and imo they look nice if ya get the right colour

I know wot the LSD is but does it have it? Coz I know the CTR does but dunno if the stuck it on the 1.6 VTi?

Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THe only one that had the LSD as standard was the CRX Mk2 SiR Vtec with the JDM engine the 158BHP one, think the civic didnt although the jordan could have, not to sure TBH
Siberia

13th Jul 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feck all that looking for engines and cars then ya have nowere to put them.

this is the reason y i'll be making a trip accros the water when my conversion time comes.

drop the car to Lee mitchell dude and let him worry about were the engine comes from. He seem to be able to pick these things up easy and then all u have to do is drive there and drive away.

alot easyer than looking for all this carp yerself and having to find a shed to store it.
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got some where to put an engine a double garage, BUT parents are not wanting a rear ended calibra turbo on the drive making 5 cars at mine being stripped bare, lol, the neighbours would complain too.
Im doing all this myself to save money, banks wont lend me anymore so gotta save for this and im impatient

L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for ya help Kris

think i've decided to keep corsa until next year and get me a civic vtech...or is there anything else of similar spec and affordable insurance?
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eerrr, well the old v-tecs rev their tits off being jap, so if ya want similar ya want another honda, maybe a CRX Mk1 with a B16a1 engine in or a B18c5 conversion
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm yer but not keen on the old stylee one's and hard to find a minter...any sorta modern cars of similr spec/price/quality or are the VTech's kinda top dogs for 1.6's?
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i been looking at the 1.6 v-tecs and although they have 158BHP they only got 111ftlb of tourqe which is really low, this means they go slow up hill, i got 139ftlb in my gsi!!!!
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any way of increasing torque? But on the flat they're fucking fast
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah on the flat they are Rapido, i only race civics up hill hehe, tourqe will go up as the BHP does but only fractionally, tourqe is caused by turbelant air entering the engine, BHP is gained by smooth air flow i belive so its a comprimise, only way to truley gain Tourqe is to go up in cubic capacity or fit a supercharger/turbo giving force induction
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thus having to uprate internals I guess? if ya fitted a turbo I mean?! Or are the VTechs pukka inside?
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V-tecs are pukka engine inside very strong and many have been turboed,only thing to watch out for is they need cooling, intercooler, auqmist, etc and the compression needs lowering to avoid dettonation, turboing an N/A engine is not ideal, forged pistons would be nice too, then ya need either a 5th injector to come on at boost or a programmable ecu that can cope with the extra fuel, it becomes very expensive
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I can imagine, tbh the VTech as standard would still be sweet and concentrate on looks and make it look

ta for ya help buddy, now off to lunch

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll