corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Installing my in car DVD and screen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Installing my in car DVD and screen
Aaron02

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 04 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

I'm gonna be installing an in car dvd system and screen. I've never been known for my technical know-how when it comes to electronics..i normally just pay some company to do it

basicly i just wana know where i need to get the power from for each bit (dvd player and screen), and how i get the sound to go through my current sound system.

Can n e of you ICE experts help me out a bit
tiptoptim

2nd Jul 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can power most dvd players and screens using your ciggy lighter socket (Sorry cant remember what they are called). Sound wise, if your headunit has aux inputs it goes through that.
Aaron02

2nd Jul 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant power both of them from the cig lighter can i...?
tiptoptim

2nd Jul 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy a 1 into 2 adapter for the cig lighter. I have got one in my car. Think it cost around the £10 mark. Failing that you can wire it into wires that go into the power for the lighter.
Aaron02

2nd Jul 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i get one of these splitters from, do u know any web sites?
tiptoptim

2nd Jul 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know any websites. But you may be able to get it from halfords or maplin. I think most good car shops sell them. I got mine from a truckstop near where I work. I am pretty certain I have seen them in halfords. Most probabley going to my local halfords tonight, so I will have a look for you and let you know.
Fear

2nd Jul 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wire the dvd and screen onto the live and earth and remote for the headunit, so you dont have to have them plugged into ciggy lighter as will be on show and not the best way to do it!

As for the sound through your speakers, it depends on your headunit!

Some will have an aux out that can be used!

Some will have adapters that can be bought to do the same thing!

Or you can use a FM modultor!

Relativly easy to wire in though!
corsa.dan

2nd Jul 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need a shit plug thing lyin around from your ciggy lighter all you need to do is go to your local maplin and get a 300watt power inverter for £30 and use the same size power cable off your battery as you would do for a system and run it through the car to where ever the invertor is normally under passenger seat and then earth it and there is your power supply all you need the is a normal household extension lead and then you can run the dvd player or ps2 and screen from that it is easy to do all I advise is run the wires behind the dash it looks better that way you dont get a tangalled mess everywhere. It is easy mate I have done it. Here is my setup.

Aaron02

3rd Jul 04 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do i wire the power from my headunit? do i have to modify the power cable that came with the unit (the one with the cig lighter adapter on the end)

thanks
corsa.dan

4th Jul 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forget the cig lighter mate us 12 gage cable strainght from the battery to the invertor and there is the poweralso use different earth cable. If u can take a pic 4me n I will tell u wot u need n wot u dnt take d pic of all d stuff u need

New Poll