corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » building a ported box

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author building a ported box
oztek astra

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can any1 tell me where i can get some info on building a ported box for my 2 15" kicker l7 subs? met sum1 at pv 04 with a fusion kitted corsa and marble paint, not sure if hes on here but he sed he got his dimensions from a site. ne help would be gr8 thanx.
Trucido

22nd Jun 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from the kicker website i would imagine
cdcool1

23rd Jun 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you post up all the T/S parameters of the sub and what kind of sound you want, i can sort some dimensions and port lengths out for you mate

kicker website should have some dimensions though
oztek astra

23rd Jun 04 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the t/s parameters of the sub? its the new 15" kicker l7 squares. i dnt no much bout the tech side of ice at the min. it ses in the manual ive gotta run each sub with 4.5 cubic feet air volume and 3"x16.25"x14.25"deep ports. and that the ports have gotta run no closer that 3" to the edge of the box and any solid object, ie: back of seats. but i also have limeted space in my boot. ne help would be great! thanx
corb

24th Jun 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oztek astra

24th Jun 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they ported box's in there corb? what cubic capacity u ruuning them in? what amp u get them running off?
corb

24th Jun 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not there anymore, thats one of the old installs. was ported, and about 11 cubic feet from what i can remember. They were running off a ground zero amp, which ran 1200RMS @2ohm, but i was using it at 1ohm.
oztek astra

24th Jun 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the install like now? where did u get the info for making the box and what sorta ports did u have? thanx corb.
corb

25th Jun 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars now stripped out, since that one had another, pics in my garage. I used winisd , to calculate port sizes etc. can be found on the net to download. they were square ports, i may even still have the portts here somewhere.
cdcool1

26th Jun 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but for winisd he needs to know t/s parameters (thiele/small parameters).

Oztek, these parameters are what you need to know in order to build a box for a particular speaker. They are especially important with ported boxes. If you dont design it properly it will sound absolutely pants

New Poll