corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alternator/Battery

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alternator/Battery
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jun 04 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need uprate - not got massive amounts to spend but The alternator bearing in standard one is shot so mite as well uprate it and battery along with it

Obviously I dont know much about them and when I say not much to spend - I mena I dont want to pay over the odds for them - but I do want quality

It'll potentially be running a 3 amp; 2 sub 4 speaker system so will probably need to be a healthy combo

what do u suggest
Pablo

17th Jun 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A second petrol engine, to generate power, like wot they have on bouncy castles
RichR
Premium Member

17th Jun 04 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool - however a second engine woudlbe to power my rear wheels in which case Id have no ice so wouldnt need to uprate alternator or battery
drunkenfool

18th Jun 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if money is an issue, get an altenator and battery of a diesel corsa as they are both more powerful than the standard corsa jobbys. Depending what power you are going for though, you might need to go for something bigger. Yellow top batteries which are the most common choice (there are others available) are around £180, and you can pay anything up to £500 for an altenator (150 amp).
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jun 04 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets say a budget of £300 for alternator and battery - what would u recommend
jaffa

18th Jun 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had to replace my battery cus it died i asked for biggest battery they could fit and it cost me about 40 quid i think
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jun 04 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool - where was that paul?
drunkenfool

18th Jun 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with £300 i would go for a split charge system with a 2nd battery in the boot, and run the stereo off that. Uprate the altenator to the diesel one, and you should be within budget.
jaffa

18th Jun 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
cool - where was that paul?

place in newcastle not sure the name will tyr find the receipt
drunkenfool

18th Jun 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa diesel batteries are aroun that price from halfords i think

New Poll