corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New Centre Section Then Engine Upgrade - Advice Needed :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Centre Section Then Engine Upgrade - Advice Needed :)
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
9th Jun 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone,

I need a new exhaust and want to get a Remus back box and centre section. on the PVD website they say 'Corsa B all models'.

What I need to know is:

If I put this on my 1.2 can I then upgrade my engine to a 1.6 and not have to change the exhaust?

and:

In the Haynes Manual it say to change the centre section - as its a complete pipe you have to cut it just before the silencer.

Does this mean that I'll only have 'half' a 'system' or should the remus centre section replace more than that?

and, with some of the original pipe from the cat to the new SS centre section - is this ok for a 1.6 or does the whole lot need upgrading?

Thanks for the answers. Sorry for the complicated thread!

Rich
AdiSRI

9th Jun 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u have a 1.2 16v then u will need to cut the old exhaust off at the front in order to fit the new one... Your new exhaust will go from the back of the CAt to the back of the car.

If u change to a 1.6 later the exhaust will still fit fine m8.

Just dont get it from PVD LOL!
Mav 3000

9th Jun 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Adi. I will only get it from PVD if its in stock - I'll go round there and hand over my card when they hand over the exhaust!

So let me get this straight - the centre section goes from the cat-back, but the existing one it says cut from the silencer-back.

There is a little bend/hinge thing under the bonnect below the manifold - what happens to this part of the exhaust?

New Poll