corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » anbody got info on Clifford AVITAL alarm??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anbody got info on Clifford AVITAL alarm??
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
30th May 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i finnaly found a decent alarm with a "pager" saw it in a mag the other day and it sounds BAAAAD!

far as i can rememebr its a two way alarm, remote engine starter, immobiliser, interior motion sensor, total closure(doors/windows) exterior shock sensors and a 300 metre range PAGER

it didnt say how much it is though, anybody got any ideas how much it is fitted?

and any comments or advice about it?
Dom

30th May 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave the remote start mate, since it bypasses any immobilser...therefore going against the cat 1 bollox etc - so it wont help with inusrance etc.

eitherway, i would say its probably around the 400 quid mark....but do a google with the model number etc and read any reviews
MoNkEy MaGiC

30th May 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so your saying the AVITAL cant have a IMMOBILISER with REMOTE START

i would really like the remote start option, im sure it has a immobiliser and remote start together......even though the remote start will bypass the immobiliser to be able to start the engine...im sure it will be still very secure and still just as hard for a theif to start the car?

im not bothered about the insurance approved cat 1, as i dont think it makes much difference on the premium
MoNkEy MaGiC

30th May 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been searching for info and been on the clifford and avital websites...

apparently the, Remote Start with LCD Pager alarms, are only for fuel injected AUTOMATIC cars and dont have a engine immobiliser

well i dont mind not having the remote start, but i deffintly want a LCD pager and engine immobiliser?? but only the avital 4400 and clifford Responder models have pagers!!

[Edited on 30-05-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
WhiteGSI

31st May 04 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the item you are reffering to. its great. go for the remote start its quality in the cold mornings.mine cost me 350 fitted but was 3 months ago and my next door neighbour fitted it. so dont know what a garage would charge. but quality alarm, def worth it
myke

31st May 04 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want something like one of these.
http://www.audiomagixx.com/products/security/1securitytwoway.html

i know the magicar one is available in england, and i'm sure there's one with remote start, although it doesn't list that on the spec here.
MoNkEy MaGiC

1st Jun 04 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
you want something like one of these.
http://www.audiomagixx.com/products/security/1securitytwoway.html

i know the magicar one is available in england, and i'm sure there's one with remote start, although it doesn't list that on the spec here.

hey cheers for site mate...one of my freinds has a pager on his car when he bought it and its the one from that site "magic SF"...i thought it was a uk alarm?

the alarms seem pretty cheap compared to uk prices...but again its without fitting and i think the remote start are for Automatics?

New Poll