corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Alarms at R-Tec

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Alarms at R-Tec
Chris Gray

User status: Offline
   13th Dec 03 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know if anyones heard of these but there from the same company as clifford

There called AVITAL

They come with Remote engine start and a pager system

Fully fitted £450 quid

smart little things

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

R-Tec Auto Design
01727 790100
www.r-tec.co.uk
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Dec 03 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsasport discount ?
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would if i could but i cant, as we're part of a federation and all the suppliers sould sell them at this price.... On the other items in the store i'll see what i can do.... Ian or Tim call me on a working day and i'll sort something out with you.... (i'll speak to adrian)
MattyB

13th Dec 03 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They arnt new - been out by clifford for months, if not a year or more. Its just another Con by R Tec

Another example -> they charge £270 for window tints now, but they actually pay a local tinting firm £140 to do it for em!!

What a bunch of con merchants, for almost every product they sell
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right Matty

Just for your info to prove you dont know what you are talking about

This alarm is an Avital 4400 which was released in the US just 6 weeks ago and only passed the european approval last tuesday in this country. and went out to suppliers on Wednesday... I would say this is pretty new

As for the local tinting firm.... your right we have used some local tinters in the past when we have been over booked.

Kind Regards

Chris Gray
R-Tec Sales team
willay
Premium Member

13th Dec 03 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had tints twice at r-tec and its done offsite, where it advertises as onsite (last time i checked)
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats because we have bought a old spray booth 200 yards down the road, as you maybe aware the amount of dust etc that comes off the cars and the shutter opening and shutting trying to tint the windows is quite hard without getting dust etc in the film

drunkenfool

13th Dec 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any website links for the alarms? I want both those features on my alaram, but loads of the remote engine start ones arent cat 1 certified.
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There not mate no...

What most people do is get the cat alarm fitted first then engine start after they have there cert... but as a dealer i wouldnt advise this
MattyB

13th Dec 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
Right Matty

Just for your info to prove you dont know what you are talking about

This alarm is an Avital 4400 which was released in the US just 6 weeks ago and only passed the european approval last tuesday in this country. and went out to suppliers on Wednesday... I would say this is pretty new

As for the local tinting firm.... your right we have used some local tinters in the past when we have been over booked.

Kind Regards

Chris Gray
R-Tec Sales team

Ah well - i've been lookin for a decent alarm for months and the avital name has cropped up loads a times. U never mentioned a specific one did u????

And as for tinting, i have friends who are close to the ppl who run/own tint master in London colney, and all the occasions i've been down there, theres been lots of cars down there from R Tec. As for the prices, i know you advertise it as your own work then mark it up mega bucks.

And also, another con - my bro brought his GTi6 down to you to have the rear torsion bar done, and they charged him £65 to do nothing, saying how it was seized, but they had apparently "tried".

1 days later, he got it round to a local garage (who had never done it b4), can of plus gas, piece of piss. Rediculous really.

But just so u might redeem urself, how much do u charge for supply + fitting of a clifford 100, including headlights on feature plumbed in (including VAT etc), and how long does it take.

Matt
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty i'm surprised your even asking a price for an alarm when all we do here is con people...

If i went some where to get my car lowered and i was charged for it and had it done the next day at some other garage, i would have gone to the place i was charged for doing "nothing" and asked for my money back...

I think your just chatting shite mate...
Andy Stocker

13th Dec 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello Chris
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello mate
Andy Stocker

13th Dec 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows tricks???
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have a u2u mate....
Andy Stocker

13th Dec 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So do you
blue_corsa

13th Dec 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been to r-tec on many occasions and was very happy with there service, they keep alot in stock and have a much better attitude towards customers then fast and furious and xtreme. i think theres to many idiots like mattyb who think they know all when they know nothing , think chris gray proved you wrong , get your facts right before giving your views, R-Tec are a very proffesional company keep up the good work guys . John
MattyB

13th Dec 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
Matty i'm surprised your even asking a price for an alarm when all we do here is con people...

If i went some where to get my car lowered and i was charged for it and had it done the next day at some other garage, i would have gone to the place i was charged for doing "nothing" and asked for my money back...

I think your just chatting shite mate...

coz i'd like to compare your prices to other places please. or do i need ring up and get a quote and compare that way?

No - at the time, my brother said to the guy at the time, that £65 for not doin the job was unfair, and asked why they hadnt even called him to let him know they cudnt do it, and that it had been ready for collection hours earlier. He came home, told me and many of his mates that the guy was an arrogant cnut and was greasy bout the whole situation, and flogged him off with crap excuses basically. (he also works nights, and doesnt live round here, so he cant get back easily).

But if ur suggesting he should come back in and complain to u, then i'm sure he'd be more than happy to do so?

MattyB

13th Dec 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blue_corsa
ive been to r-tec on many occasions and was very happy with there service, they keep alot in stock and have a much better attitude towards customers then fast and furious and xtreme. i think theres to many idiots like mattyb who think they know all when they know nothing , think chris gray proved you wrong , get your facts right before giving your views, R-Tec are a very proffesional company keep up the good work guys . John

your a dickhead mate. if u find payin sky prices for identical prices u can get alot cheaper mail order, then fine, but i definetely dont. i live 10 mins away, modded 3 separate cars, but never once thought of turning to them for parts.

If u want, we cud sit here all day, and compare prices to R tec with other shops (mail order AND high street), which would show u easily how much ur being ripped off by. I mean dont u find it funny why Chris cudnt even give me a clifford price just now?? hmmmm.
MattyB

13th Dec 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their customer service HAS TO be good when u find out how big their mark-ups are.
blacktigra

13th Dec 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MattyB, Its normal for companies like this to contract out work occasionally. To give you an example, if you asked a builder to renovate a room in your house he would employ a local tiler (at £10 an hour) and then charge you £15 an hour for the tiler's labour. Because £15 is still a good price for the job, you're happy, plus you didnt have to talk to scabby uneducated tilers.

And remember that if you had gone to the tiler (or window tinter) directly, you are not necessarily getting the same guarantees as if you go through an established company such as R-Tec. Plus they organise everything and give you guarantees for the work. In the case of R-Tec they give a LIFETIME guarantee for the window tinting . You go to Tim your local tinter and see if he'll give you that kind of customer care. And if he does give you a 'guarantee', come back in 2 years when your windows are peeling worse than an englishman on a spanish beach and see if he doesn't tell you to fcuk yourself, and deny that he even touched your shitty 306.

I'm happy going to R-Tec, and always will do. I am happy to pay a premium for their excellent service because I like my car, and I dont like crap service. You are clearly a tight ass who buys Asda homebrand everything, but you know, you shouldn't skimp on your motor - otherwise it'll end up looking like.. well.. like it does.

As for mail order companies, I can't waste my time while they lose my order in the post, and then have to back order this that and whatever the fcuk else. They also cant or wont give advice, and this is priceless. Xtreme and F&F performance aren't bad, theyre just like a cheap and 'not-quite-so-good' version of R-Tec. Except they aren't cheap. (R-Tec price match both of their advertised prices). So they're just 'not-quite-so good.'

I don't and have never worked for R-Tec, I'm just (one of many) satisfied customers.

I don't expect you to suddenly start going there (you're clearly too tight) but just want to set the score straight for everyone else who might start believing your BS.

CORSA NUT

13th Dec 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty get your head out of your arse mate

There a business.They have to make money.Get over it.
blacktigra

13th Dec 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sing along now:

"It ASDA beee yeaaaaahh PERRERERERERERFECT!!!"

(MattyB, Yesterday.)

.....no mattyB, Asda don't sell lowering springs, although maybe you could make some from some sticky back plastic and your mums old washing up bottle
Chris Gray

13th Dec 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Premium Member

13th Dec 03 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done blacktigra, you have made a long lasting impression.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Alarms at R-Tec 22 database queries in 0.0328870 seconds