corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just picked up a tigra.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just picked up a tigra.
Foz

User status: Offline
26th May 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a tarts car son
corsa120

26th May 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck off you lot no way is tigra faster my mrs sister has one and we've had this debate many times they are same i think the 1.4 corsa is slightly slower after 100 mph due to aerodynamics but come on guys be rwalistic there the same, same engine, same power, same performance

wish peeps on this site would learn

Cybermonkey

27th May 04 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me put this straight. Tigra, regardless of 1.4/1.6 engine will handle exactly the same as a corsa. It has the same floorpan and chassis as a corsa, but a different shell. Its centre of gravity is the same as the corsa's, and being slightly more squat is negligable. Running gear is exactly the same as the corsa 1.4/1.6's. 0-60 times are identical for both, but top end is different. top speed of 1.6 tigra is 126mph, whilst the corsa 1.6 is only 119mph. The tigra has better aerodynamics which means it can reach a higher terminal speed. the end.
Nobber

27th May 04 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a 2.0 16v Tigra!
MattyB

27th May 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
let me put this straight. Tigra, regardless of 1.4/1.6 engine will handle exactly the same as a corsa. It has the same floorpan and chassis as a corsa, but a different shell. Its centre of gravity is the same as the corsa's, and being slightly more squat is negligable. Running gear is exactly the same as the corsa 1.4/1.6's. 0-60 times are identical for both, but top end is different. top speed of 1.6 tigra is 126mph, whilst the corsa 1.6 is only 119mph. The tigra has better aerodynamics which means it can reach a higher terminal speed. the end.

i definately dont agree after driving both.

Although at the end of the day, they both handle shit, so no worries really
M2RTY

27th May 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

still agreed mate
Cybermonkey

27th May 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:

i definately dont agree after driving both.

Although at the end of the day, they both handle shit, so no worries really

good call
Ditch

27th May 04 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ this post!
Dav

27th May 04 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am jumping on the Tigra band wagon too. Definitely loving them as a nice alternative to a Corsa.
Ditch

27th May 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
1.4 tigras are alot quicker iifrc then ya 1.4 corsas, higher insurance group too as i looked into getting one before getting my corsa, and couldnt get insured on it

same car, same acceleration, different top speeds

the only real performance difference lies with the drag coefficiency of the shells
M2RTY

27th May 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
1.4 tigras are alot quicker iifrc then ya 1.4 corsas, higher insurance group too as i looked into getting one before getting my corsa, and couldnt get insured on it

the only real performance difference lies with the drag coefficiency of the shells

Fad

27th May 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:

tigra also has a longer 5th hence a higher top speed but in all other espects they accelerate just the same as a corsa i've driven a 1.6 corsa sport and a 1.6 tigra stright after each other and they both felt the same

handling didnt feel much different but it wernt my car so i could hack it into the nearest round about

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just picked up a tigra. 22 database queries in 0.0130079 seconds