corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Been thinking bout this for a while, where should i put....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been thinking bout this for a while, where should i put....
Jgrant1285

User status: Offline
   19th May 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got a 7'' Flip-out TFT monitor, which is basically a head-unit, but without the cd player & radio etc. It just houses the monitor which u pull out.I already have a good CD player in my car, and i want to know where the hell should i put my monitor. I have tought about removing the Triple info display and fibre-glassing it in there, but to get it to sit in flush (level with where the clocks used to sit) it means that i would have to cut my dashboard. My dad gave me the idea of removing the two centre vents and installing it in there, and then make it so that the grille-vents clip back in over the monitor (once its folded away) to disguise it. This seems a huge task, and plus, i don't really want to butcher my dash. Another thing i thought of is to install my monitor where my head unit is, then make another space underneat using fibreglass & wood (where the ashtray is). I have got some carpet from halfords to cover it in etc. But if i install it were my headunit is, its still going to be a little low for the people in the back isn't it?hmmmm.....I'm going to have to re-think this one.

Another thing is, i need to know where to install my PS2. I have asked this before on here, and most reply's where 'in the glovebox',but if i put it into the glovebox then i'm going to have nowhere to put anything am i? A lad around my way has his on the shelf below (Corsa B - same as mine), but again this is on show all the time, if i put it there i need to make some kind of cover that i can slide along so that its not on show when the cars sat on its own.hmmm....

i have been thinkin' bout this for ages and i can't figure out what is the best option. I am ready to start putting in, but i don't want to rush into things and f*ck it all up.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks alot.
cdcool1

19th May 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, i'd go with the flip out screen where your headunit is, put your head unit in the glovebox and put the ps2 under the passenger seat.

Minimal damage to your car, plus its easy to just get a new glovebox from a scrap yard to do it on so you dont cut any of yours
Jgrant1285

19th May 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cdcool1
Personally, i'd go with the flip out screen where your headunit is, put your head unit in the glovebox and put the ps2 under the passenger seat.

Minimal damage to your car, plus its easy to just get a new glovebox from a scrap yard to do it on so you dont cut any of yours

PS2 under the seat? But where do i put the wires from the PS2 & power inverter etc. Wen u say under the seat do you mean in that tray ,( mines an SXI n has a tray) Or do you mean take the tray out? Head unit in g/box means that i have to have g/box open for the remote to work. Thanks for the idea tho matey
drunkenfool

20th May 04 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claire Richardson's dash - might be a help.

cdcool1

20th May 04 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claires car is really nice!!

But when i saw it at donny it was mucky (nothing to do with the rain or jealousy for pointing it out of course )

If you put PS2 under the seat, remove tray (or use tray if theres enough room, i'm not sure if there is though) and run the wires either under the plastic bit next to the door or under the plastic bit between the two seats

Yes you would need to have glove box open, didnt think about that

however, you could either install it on the tray underneath the glovebox, or get a glove box from a scrappy without a front, more like a big tray. Thats what some of the older models had, i know my P reg merit didnt have a front on the glove compartment

[Edited on 20-05-2004 by cdcool1]
Rob

20th May 04 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put ps2 in boot into an install then extend the controller cables and install a reset button somewhere in your dash from the button on the ps2

if your seriosu id do that.

im putting me ps2 in astra but im doing it to work on 240v still so I can use it in me house.
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What inverter you planning on getting rob?
Jgrant1285

20th May 04 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B Dash' dont split into two parts do they?(I kno its not important) like the Volvo V70 dash splits into two parts horizontally. I think i'm going to go for the screen same place as this

[Edited on 20-05-2004 by Jgrant1285]
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jgrant1285
Corsa B Dash' dont split into two parts do they?(I kno its not important) like the Volvo V70 dash splits into two parts horizontally. I think i'm going to go for the screen same place as this

[Edited on 20-05-2004 by Jgrant1285]

[Edited on 20-05-2004 by cdcool1]
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ignore that post :S

with a little persuasion from an angle grinder i'm sure it would

but without damage, no
Jgrant1285

21st May 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not many replies to this post really...