corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car's gone :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My car's gone :(
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   27th Nov 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Ace Cafe Cruise tonight, I usually go every month since I'm local and my dad (who goes to the ace cafe on his bike with his mates occasionally) asked to come along. I thought 'oh well, it's gonna be shit, but yeh ok' - and our area has had a power cut all day so he didn't want to stay at home in the cold.

Anyway, we got to the ace cafe and he told me to park in the 'Tiles' place next to the ace cafe, since there was plenty of space - I said that I usually park round the corner at the back of the ace, but he said 'what does it matter' and so we parked up with a load of other cars.

Anyway, walked round for a couple of hours looking at the cars about, and it was a pretty shit night compared to what it has been in the past. Anyway went to leave and got the car park and my car was not there!!!

I honestly couldn't believe it, my dad started swearing a bit saying 'The F*cking Bastards' ... and I honestly thought it had been stolen.

Several things went through my mind at this point, one is that I couldn't believe it was happening and my car was actually going to be parked a couple of yards away, two that my car had been nicked and all my mods / college work (that I keep in my car) and other stuff had been taken.

The sort of emotional hit when you feel your car has been stolen is fucking harsh, my heart sunk and I felt like I was going to vomit.

We then noticed a gathering of people in the corner, and we wondered if they had had their cars nicked too.

We got over there and the bloke said 'No cars have been nicked, some cars have been towed though!'

The pricks in the place, even though the business was not being used at the time and there was clear entry to the actual loading / unloading area, were clamping cars then towing them away.

Sadly my car was already gone along with what looked like another 15 cars, several cars were still there with clamps on.

I don't know what I felt at this point, half of me started thinking about claiming from the insurance and trying to get a 106 Gti or something, though I probably would of just ended up with another corsa but a 1.4 16v or something, half of me felt relieved that my car hadn't been stolen.

However, when we asked how much it was going to cost I couldn't fucking believe it!

to get a car de-clamped it was £120...

Sadly mine had been towed, which meant I had a £250 penalty, probably the £120 clamp fee, £50 fee for a tow truck call out, £50 administration and £35 for the days keep at the pound.

That's over £400!

I can't afford £400! My parents can't really afford to be shelling out £400!

Whats worse was I was going to a open day at a university tommorrow, but because this place won't give me my car tonight - I have to get it tommorrow and I can't goto this open day.

Also speaking to one of the guys that had his car clamped, he said 'Not to make you feel bad mate, but the place where they've taken your car its gonna get wrecked' - I said 'how do you mean?', he said 'These guys arn't a proper company, they're just some punks that work for this business and the cars that get taken to the pound get kicked, dented, and stuff like ICE nicked'

So not only will I have to shell out an extortionate amount of money to get my car, it may have smashed windows, a load of damage and half my ice missing. There's nothing I can do, as if the stuff is missing they'll just claim someone had broken into my car before they towed it.

I never usually park there, but even if I had - there's only a small sign at the wrong end of the car park that says 'you will get clamped' - there's no other things saying this would happen and it pisses me off I didn't park in my usual spot.

Paul J
Munchie

27th Nov 03 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucken ell lad sos to hear abar dat. make sure they dont damage ure car when u get it bak
Trotty

27th Nov 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats absolute crap mate
Kerry

27th Nov 03 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really dont know wot to say mate
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

27th Nov 03 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt believe it when u txt me mate
charcoalgrill

27th Nov 03 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

set fire to the toe truck
PaulW

27th Nov 03 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a few questions...

If the handbrake is on, then how do they tow the car? as it would fuck the rear brakes up if they just moved it, but I heard of a few people they will SMASH a window to gain entry to release the handbrake to move it!

Also what about the steering lock? Say if you parked up & then turned the wheels full lock to the left or right, how would they tow that then? smash the window & then the steering lock mechanism?

fookin bastards! I'd try complain proper to the retail estate for not warning proper about it as you weren't aware about it & goto the local C.A.B. see if they can help at all! Just hope your car aint damaged m8!

Paul_J

27th Nov 03 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck didn't think about that - my dad said something about handbrake, I wasn't really listening.

Dav

27th Nov 03 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's shit man. Hope the cars ok when u get it back.
mav

27th Nov 03 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats shite...

could have just clamped it and left it there then u phone them to come and remove it and pay the fine....

hope there is no damage..
Colin

27th Nov 03 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They wouldnt be getting away with doing that to me

Hope your car's ok mate
Icy

27th Nov 03 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i laughed when stonecold told me
but readin it

dont they raise ur car onto a truck trhingy?
Colin

27th Nov 03 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw it getting done in Magaluf - didnt look pretty - Id be fucking raging if it were mine.
Dave_Gordon

27th Nov 03 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of just called the pigs and said it ws stolen...
any damage would be covered then by insurance
Sooty
Banned

27th Nov 03 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought my car was stolen today... but it was just a tree blockin it
Colin

27th Nov 03 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
I thought my car was stolen today... but it was just a tree blockin it

I always loose mine on multistory carparks - cant ever remember which floor im on
Jason

27th Nov 03 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bloody brutal! id get ur car out asap then go burn the hole
t44rnt

27th Nov 03 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, everyone that goes 2 ace cafe know not to park in there! the bloke at ace cafe himself tells everyone not to park in there. plus there is a sign as u drive into the car park sayin u will b clamped! also didnt u think when u went 2 park up in there y no other cunt was parkin in there and why every1 parks along the road!
Sam
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they have done any damage to your car, then you should sue their ass, mate!
BigSte

27th Nov 03 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post an update mate when u get it back, see what the bastards charged u,any damage etc.
Go n torch the place
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a tv prog on recently that was all about these "CLAMPERS" and it basically stated that they can only charge so much etc.... and alot operate illegally, get in touch with some1 who knows about the legal side of stuff if i were you mate
carnoisseurcraig

27th Nov 03 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suggest you take photos of the damage at the pound. Photographic evidence is always good. Take photos of the site where it was being kept. Take as much photos as you can.
Cybermonkey

27th Nov 03 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find out who towed it, and burn the place down
Fad

27th Nov 03 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats so harsh mate i wouldnnt know what to do if that was me

there must be some sort of regulatory or governing body concerning what they can do to your car. I mean fair enough getting clamped and towed but charging that amount to keep the car etc is plain wrong

hope you get it all sorted
Pablo

27th Nov 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened, summary please?!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car's gone :( 22 database queries in 0.1050091 seconds