corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car's gone :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My car's gone :(
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 03 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, he went to ace cafe, parked where he shudnt, got towed, has to pay lots of money, aperently place that towed car is well ruff and may steal stuff! that ok for you paul?
Tam the diesel man

27th Nov 03 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of parked around the back like we did mate. factory where we park is for sale so its not used.
sorry to hear about it mate
Paul_J

27th Nov 03 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Paul, everyone that goes 2 ace cafe know not to park in there! the bloke at ace cafe himself tells everyone not to park in there. plus there is a sign as u drive into the car park sayin u will b clamped! also didnt u think when u went 2 park up in there y no other cnut was parkin in there and why every1 parks along the road!

I didn't see the signs and the car park was full when I went in - it was only coz I saw someone coming out that I thought I'd go in there.

Tam, I know mate - I usually park round the back and would've but my dad was moaning at me, and he comes up the ace loads and parks there when its bike night and he has a car and nothing has ever happened - so we parked there.

If I had known they clamped / towed cars I wouldn't of parked there. The thing is, you'd have thought you'd get in more shit parking on the pavement or in the middle of a road than off the road in a car park - ?

Basically, today I got up and me and my dad went to pick up my car, it was miles away and a proper shit hole. It was across between the camp site in the film snatch and a scrap yard.

There was mud everywhere, rubbish/scrap everywhere, cars in bits, cars sitting there, some caravans, a little flmsy prefab style office and loads of dogs.

They all looked so pikey, and the one's that didn't look pikey - were about 7 ft tall and as wide as a truck with gravelly voices.

Anyway we pulled in, and they told us that my car was at the overnight compound and was being towed over now. I looked across and noticed a fiesta with its alloys being removed

If my car had stayed there longer I dread to think what state it would of been in.

Anyway, while we waited we saw some other bloke that had his Audi towed away, he didn't look like a cruiser - he must of been about 35ish. He was like, 'I only parked there for a second as I wanted to stop for a drink of coffee before I went home' - 'I have my bloody lap top in the boot so I didn't want to leave it' - Basically this guy hadn't even gone home because he lived up north and had come down to london for business - and was going to set off back home and when they took his car, he had to get a taxi to a hotel for the night!

When the guy came up to him about his car they were like 'Got the money?' and he said 'yes, but can I have the reciept first' - the bloke then said 'You get the receipt after, if you don't like it F*ck off'

I thought the bloke was about to pull a fast one on the guy and take the money and then claim he had never got given any.

Anyway, we paid £335 to get my car back which is still a bloody rip off. I just wanted to get out of there.

No major damage, except that I think my tracking is out and my tyres are worn from where they were towing it with steering lock on.

To the people that would say stuff like 'I wouldn't pay them, I'd just kick the shit out of them' and crap like that. that's crap - there were millions of em, all pikeys and if you started any trouble - they simply wouldn't give you your car (since they were all boxed in with other cars) - and you'd probably end up with a few broken legs and shit.

The police can't do shit, since its on someone else's property - so these clampers go to the owners of businesses 'Hey, we'll give you a cut of our takings, if you let us clamp / tow cars that come here at night'

I heard one of them say they clamped 12 cars and towed another 7.

So thats 12 * £120 + 7 * £335

thats £3785! which is all cash, so they probably won't get taxed on it either!

c*nts.

Paul J
dave17

27th Nov 03 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me thats bad!! there really should be a law against it coz that aint right! wayy to much money, i could never afford all that! did the right thing gettin ur car outa there asap tho mate, dread to think wot couda happened

saurely the police coulda done summin bout them nickin stuff from cars tho and bashing them about, as that is criminal damage? and cant u claim for the tyres and tracking too? i wouldn let this one rest mate, over £300 is a piss take!
Paul_J

27th Nov 03 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is - this isn't a big professional company - these are pikeys...

probably half the reason they keep most of the cars somewhere else is so that if you turn up with the police they will go 'No? we don't have a silver corsa here'

they must do this all the time, don't you think if the police could do something they would of done it by now?

These sort of things happen all over the place - they're fucking scum.
dave17

27th Nov 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely they can do summin bout the theft and criminal damage tho?
J da Silva

27th Nov 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u cud have just said, car got towed,BOLLOCKS
Paul_J

27th Nov 03 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, probably half the cars they nick bits off of have been sitting there for several days already...

they'll either assume no one is gonna pick it up and thus take bits off - or say that people had nicked the stuff before they towed it - or while it was in they're other compound.

If it happens to you, you'll understand that there's pretty much f*ck all you can do.
Colin

27th Nov 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regulation of motor vehicle clamping by private security firms on private land will be introduced by the Security Industry Authority, a non-departmental public body (NDPB) being set up by the Home Office under the Private Security Industry Act 2001. The authority is currently preparing for regulation, which will take the form of licensing all individuals carrying out activities covered by the Act. The suitability of individuals applying for a licence will be assessed in accordance with published criteria relating to criminality and competency. The Security Industry Authority will be established as an NDPB on 1 April 2003 and it is expected that it will start licensing clamping operatives by the end of this year/early 2004. It will be a criminal offence to engage in licensable conduct without a licence.

Probably not been comissioned yet tho - dont think you have any comeback mate

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Colin J]
Pablo

27th Nov 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
lol, he went to ace cafe, parked where he shudnt, got towed, has to pay lots of money, aperently place that towed car is well ruff and may steal stuff! that ok for you paul?

Tar-

bastards!
Tom

27th Nov 03 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted, ah well sorted now eh
Paul_J

27th Nov 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom D

Cheers colin - bit of a shame it doesn't effect me, but should hopefully stop this sort of crap.

Tom - yeh sorted except I'm £335 short of cash.
Colin

27th Nov 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Tom D

Cheers colin - bit of a shame it doesn't effect me, but should hopefully stop this sort of crap.

Tom - yeh sorted except I'm £335 short of cash.

Im looking on the home office + UK parliament web pages now

If its came into effect already and they don’t have a licence what they done is illegal
Adam-D

27th Nov 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then id go and let the toe trucks tyres down
or clamp the fucker £40 wheel clamp then stand an laugh
jr

27th Nov 03 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that m8
Dr Pepper

27th Nov 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least it hadnt had been nicked mate-

I wish i could have payed 400 quid to get back my car that was nicked

sounds all a bit dodgy to me though- my advise would be report them to the tax man, trading standards- Maybe that bbc programme that investigates dodgy companies, trade men ect,

Might stop others getting ripped off
MattyB

27th Nov 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul

I could easily embarass Paul even more at this point, but i know that i, for one, after that experience really doesnt need it.

PS: For anyone who was asking how they do it:

It goes like this.......

Mr X turns up in a shabby old Ford Transit towtruck. Mr Y + Mr Z then bump your car onto the arms at the back, and pull the car along. They take it to a dirty old pound not far away, where they away your phone call. They earn an ABSOLUTE MINT. literally.

I sat outside the tile place for an hour at the last Ace cafe cruise, and watched em tow 20 cars away!! Most of which the handbrake 'goes' striahgt away, and with other lighter cars, they just drag the cars along with the wheels screaming. What makes it worse is that they drag the cars right pass police cars, who DO NOTHING. but in reality, they cant.

Its an absolute shambles. Last time i was there, and saw it happening, i told one of the traffic cops sittin in the Omega outside, and he said "they are within their rights to remove vehicals unlawfully parked. Only if they cause damage can we intervein". I then went and parked my Pug outside the front gates of the place preventing other cars to get in etc, tellin other cruisers bout it.

Once i left, they started flooding in again

I told Paul bout these occurances on Monday.

There are 4 18" square signs on the walls of the place, but they are placed up pretty high.

Matt

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by MattyB]
CORSA NUT

27th Nov 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear that Paul mate
koolkorsa

27th Nov 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont they have to have a release fee printed on the sign that says you will be clamped. They have to take reasonable steps to make you aware that your car could be clamped. Take photos of the sign and the area, then if u rekon u gotta case. Take it to the small claims court.
Mattss Corsa

27th Nov 03 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man, Unlucky Bout That, Fooking Gypsi People Parking It In Dodgey Area's. They Cudnt Give 2 Shit's Thinking Bout It Cud They? And You Can't Do Anything bout it, if it had been broken in2 Sorry 2 Ere It
Paul_J

27th Nov 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I told Paul bout these occurances on Monday.

yeh mattyb - you did tell me about cars being towed, shame you didn't point out exactly where though at the time I just thought you were trying to turn people away from ace cafe... as I had never seen anyone get towed.

MattyB

27th Nov 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah well - u know for next time mate.

to be honest, i thought the place was a furniture store, but nevertheless, it is the only place next door to ace cafe with a private car park

Despite this, they robbers. Summat shud be done bout this sorta thing.
MattyB

27th Nov 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by koolkorsa
dont they have to have a release fee printed on the sign that says you will be clamped. They have to take reasonable steps to make you aware that your car could be clamped. Take photos of the sign and the area, then if u rekon u gotta case. Take it to the small claims court.

Yes, i said, they have 4 signs up on the premises wall. These also state the release fee, the towing fee and admin charges etc. So in that respect, that are well within their rights.

Hmm - take pikies to court?? somehow, i dont think they'd even respond to an initial letter, let alone a summons to SC court. lol. Not the sort of ppl u wanna mess with, they get away with Murder. Literally.

Matt
Paul_J

27th Nov 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly matt - most of the people who've replied don't realise what sort of pikey scum these people are.

i.e. Adam-D's comment "id go and let the toe trucks tyres down
or clamp the fucker £40 wheel clamp then stand an laugh"

I'd seriously like to see you try. you would be laughing all the way in the ambulance if you were to try that.
Marc

27th Nov 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine what theyre like and the type of place they are running.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car's gone :( 22 database queries in 0.1902659 seconds