corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ebc discs and greenstuff pads corsa-c

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebc discs and greenstuff pads corsa-c
Shamus

User status: Offline
4th May 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have greenstuff pads and ebc brake discs and they have warped, people say they have nightmares with this setup, i have recently bought some black diamond discs and wondered if these would be ok with the green stuff pads or should i go for a different set of pads?

any help appreciated thx
M4tt

4th May 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you normallu supposed to use new pads with new discs - im not sure why though, somelse will probably say
Paul H

4th May 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt
you normallu supposed to use new pads with new discs - im not sure why though, somelse will probably say
yep that's correct main reason being the warped discs would cause the pads to wear uneven so when you put new discs on not all the pad touches the disc

[Edited on 04-05-2004 by chewbaccaman]
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th May 04 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got this setup but both were brand spanking new when i put em on.. do i have to worry?
Cybermonkey

4th May 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EBC stuff is atrocious. BTW, greenstuff pads are manufactured by them too. Just stick with GM stuff, its pretty much the best you can get. Beats all this lame stuff to the ground, unless you are spending lots of money on hi-spec, wilwood stuff etc
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th May 04 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i should sell on the EBC Discs and get some blak diamond or summin?
R Lee

4th May 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got some and tbh the pads don't seem bad at all. still have to put the discs on.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th May 04 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what discs did you get?

they are a fooker to get off arnt they!
Cybermonkey

4th May 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no black diamond are pretty much the same sort of thing. Just get yourself some astra GTE ATE calipers with 256x24mm discs and GM pads, you will stop in no time then
R Lee

4th May 04 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't need better stopping power. i don't drive quick anymore, ffs 1.2 i just want some pads that don't give off shitloads of dust. can't be arsed cleaning front wheels anymore.
Cybermonkey

4th May 04 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GoldPenguin
i don't need better stopping power. i don't drive quick anymore, ffs 1.2 i just want some pads that don't give off shitloads of dust. can't be arsed cleaning front wheels anymore.

I didnt realise that children stop stepping out in front of your car anymore, also i wasnt aware that motorists ahead of you no longer brake hard to avoid accidents just so you dont pile into the back of them

[Edited on 04-05-2004 by Cybermonkey24]
R Lee

4th May 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i don't drive fast anyway
stopping power aren't bad with the ebc stuff.
Paul H

5th May 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
no black diamond are pretty much the same sort of thing. Just get yourself some astra GTE ATE calipers with 256x24mm discs and GM pads, you will stop in no time then
they dont fit the corsa c.they have a different setup

New Poll