corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub and amp dont function correctly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub and amp dont function correctly
shinobi

User status: Offline
28th Apr 04 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all!!

I just bought a JL audio sub and amp. I run it all off my Alpine h/u and here's the problem:

The bass works fine, however at the moment i can only adjust the bass volume on the bass with the bass on the rest of the speakers. What I want to do is turn the bass down on the speakers and whack it up on the sub.

My h/u is capable of doing this as when I push my volume button in it says sub woofer vol, but when I adjust this it has no affect on the subwoofer. I have the preouts wired into the output on the h/u that has a label on it "sub-w" and these are wired into the preouts input on the amp.

Has anyone got any ideas why I cant control my bass level independantly? It looks like the h/u is capable of this, but I cant get it working properly

Cheers for any help
Andy
Rob B

28th Apr 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most amps come with a remote bass boost, if you dont have one im pretty sure there would be one located on the amplifier
Corsa E-Tec

28th Apr 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is their a HPF ( High Pass Filter) function on the head unit. if ther is, you need to have that switched on.

that will caut all the bass out of your 6X9's or the rest of your speakers.
AdiSRI

28th Apr 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way u have it wired shud work, without an amp connected to the sub pre-out that option in the menu shudnt exist.

The alpine shud have a HPF, set that and see if it cuts all the bass out, sub included. If it does then the amp is wired to the wrong preout.
DODG-E

30th Apr 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh theres an option in the menu "SUB-W ON/OFF" check that...check the fade FRONT/REAR thats an option when u press the volume button..

New Poll