corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LED interior lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LED interior lights
Doug

User status: Offline
20th Apr 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i just wondered if it were possible to replace my interior light with a LED one.

I would want the equivilent of the LED brake bulbs but made so they would shine directly downwards as i think it would look quality.

Also would it be possible for it to fit behind the standard blulb cover/case thing.

Thanks for everyones time
OpelCorsaC

20th Apr 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What car do you have? Corsa B, Corsa C? Which interior light you need to change? The dome light?

I have both my Corsas (B and C) with LED Brake lights, installed them without any problem and man, they are brighter than any other incandescent bulb and the best is that they don't burn out and they turn on faster than a regular bulb.

I purchased my LED bulbs at : www.ledtronics.com That's the best automotive LED company around, the bulbs are a little expensive, but worth it, believe me.
Doug

20th Apr 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a corsa C. and the interior light i am talking about is the one on the roof. the cover is flat.
Is it possible to see any pics of teh LED brake bulbs in your corsa c in action? i would love to see a pair before i buy them.
And also do you reckon it would be possible to get interior lights like what i am talking about?
ka-sxi

20th Apr 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can get the interior lights cos i work in a shop on a sat and he can get tehm,the 1's you want are wedge fitting
Doug

20th Apr 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, more details please
OpelCorsaC

20th Apr 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't recommend using LED bulbs for dome lights (the roof ones). LED Bulbs do not illuminate a wide area, the sure are brighter but for dome lights, I recommend to use wedge based bulbs in hyper white color, like PIAA or Polarg.

The Corsa C uses 4 dome lights in the front (wedge based) and 1 light for the back dome light. My Corsa C is a four door, so this is the lighting map, I don't know if your Corsa C is a 2 door.

Sorry, I don't have any pics yet, but you can trust me, LED brake lights are long way brigther than regular bulbs. The site I posted before has even videos of the LED bulbs I'm talking about, check them out, you'll see what I'm talking about. Cheers mate

New Poll