corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » glovebox light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author glovebox light
Captain Corsa

User status: Offline
5th Apr 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car is a C 1,0 comfort.

it has no glovebox light.
this is annoying.

how do i go about fitting one?
LukeGSi

5th Apr 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant be that hard, get ya self down scrappy and pull one out of another car, cut it into the inside of your dash with a little dremel thingy then pick up positive and negative wires job done
Captain Corsa

5th Apr 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this way it will be constantly on?
Red_SXi

5th Apr 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a sensor on the box somewhere, that when the lid is closed it touches it and switches it off
scoob
Premium Member

5th Apr 04 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be able to find a hole glove box at scrappie off a higher model and just swop them over but u will need to get a positive and negative there still
Captain Corsa

5th Apr 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the higher spec ones have a light?
sigibbons

5th Apr 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
Captain Corsa

5th Apr 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
leafgreencorsa

5th Apr 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the glovebox light is wired into the lighting circuit somehow as the light only works when sidelights/headlights are on. Don't know if there is a separate switch on the lid (can't see one on mine) so it may be on all the time when the lights are on. If you've got one of the new Haynes manuals for the C it'll show you how the factory wire it. Also, if it's like my old B then you may even find a multiplug ready and waiting to be connected up.
Captain Corsa

5th Apr 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im guessing the wiring may already be there?
Marco The Corsa Man

5th Apr 04 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine didn't have the light but its the same unit as fitted to the astra mk3 which ae more common at scrappys, all you need extra is the little plastic actuator to work the switch, I spent ages trying to find one, then I went to vauxhall and got one new for 49p +VAT, lol.

My corsa didn't have a glovebox light, cigerete lighter, boot light or rear courtasy light so I just bought all the parts from vauxhall/scrappys and fitted them myself. Probably cost me about £20 total, its just a case of wiring them in properly.

I don't know how the hell you're supposed to do without a bootlight, thats realy scraping the bottom of the basic barrel.
the_legend_of_yrag

5th Apr 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my glovebox light doesnt work on my sri, will have to look at it one day lol
Marco The Corsa Man

5th Apr 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To clear up a queery, none of the wiring is already in the car if the lights arn't fitted. Take the possitive power for all the extra lights from the current front interior lighting circuit, the wire runs right by the glovebox and up the left A pillar.

For the negative DON'T use the negative on your interior light or it will only work when your interior light is ON. Its indipendantly switched so just run a wire either to EARTH (the body) or an existing earth wire.

The only time you need to use the interior light negative is if your fitting the rear interior light, and even then you still need to run a perminant earth wire to it cos its a three way switch (Off all the time, ON all the time, or ON only when the door is open.

Auto Electrics are a doddle once you get used to them . Nearly re wired my whole car, lol .

[Edited on 05-04-2004 by Marco The Corsa Man]
cobra148

5th Apr 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My SRI don't have a glovebox light

New Poll