corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F****ing Turbo cars *** UPDATE*****

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F****ing Turbo cars *** UPDATE*****
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
18th Apr 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, lets just clear this up once and for all.

Atmospheric DV's will cause a little more lag, i know this and experience this but i have had no problems with it hitting limp mode or anything. I have hit limp mode but not due to the DV. With a recirc and induction kit you will hear the DV a little more. Everyone has their opinion but im fucking sick of people saying atmospheric DV's dont work on VAG 1.8T engines when im blatantly proving you all wrong by running one with no problems at all.
CORSA NUT

18th Apr 04 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought LAG was the wait for the turbo to spool up again after a gear change or am i just wrong?

I want an Atmospheric now!!!
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
I thought LAG was the wait for the turbo to spool up again after a gear change or am i just wrong?

that and waiting for the turbo to spool up from low revs. more people get problems with the atmos valve than people that run fine. I can run an atmos valve on my car yet I run a recirc. atmos valves are fine if you want to get kev's turning and going "ah man listen to that dump valve".

if you notice lag between gear changes then you'll find it worse if you fit an atmos. 85% of tunners of the VAG engine don't recomend atmos valves
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it will be a "Suck it and see" thing with which to go for.

I want the Atmospheric one.

Let me know how you get on Alan
StuartVRS

18th Apr 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

that and waiting for the turbo to spool up from low revs. more people get problems with the atmos valve than people that run fine. I can run an atmos valve on my car yet I run a recirc. atmos valves are fine if you want to get kev's turning and going "ah man listen to that dump valve".

if you notice lag between gear changes then you'll find it worse if you fit an atmos. 85% of tunners of the VAG engine don't recomend atmos valves

I agree with you Vibrio, it will increase lag but people seem to make out that it makes a massive difference when it doesnt. Plus, im sure everyone with an atmospheric DV puts it on just to get people turning round and saying "ah man listen to that dump valve"
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well

what do you want your car to make a silly sneeze on lift off

or

a car that performance to it;s best
StuartVRS

18th Apr 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSRi16v
Sounds like it will be a "Suck it and see" thing with which to go for.

I want the Atmospheric one.

Let me know how you get on Alan

It all depends what you want. If you want all out power, get a recirc, if you love the noise, get an atmospheric. It really is that simple
StuartVRS

18th Apr 04 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well

or

So you dont like the silly sneeze noise eh? Change your bio then
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think atmosheric then as long it's not going to cause any problems.
StuartVRS

18th Apr 04 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I havent had a single problem with mine, that i guarantee you. My advice would be ring bailey up and ask them any questions and explain any doubts you have to them. They will tell you everything you need to know.
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is probably going to sound silly, but does the Audi use a wastegate actuator?

I am not that up on the VW/Audi engine, but I know most there is to know about the Vauxhall range
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
well

or

So you dont like the silly sneeze noise eh? Change your bio then

mine still makes a noise with the recirc on it
Marc

18th Apr 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same here.
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This is probably going to sound silly, but does the Audi use a wastegate actuator?

I am not that up on the VW/Audi engine, but I know most there is to know about the Vauxhall range

yes all turbos have them or they would spin out of control
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

is the car still under warrenty
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yes all turbos have them or they would spin out of control

That's what I thought, but having not owned a Turbo car before I've never looked into the in's and out's of how they work.

I think I'll have to look further into them
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any good sites that that you can recommend?
J da Silva

18th Apr 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you find alot of people only have a turbo engine so they can have a dump valve fitted to it, not for the job it was actually designed to do, same with NOS
CORSA NUT

18th Apr 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sad to admit but i've always wanted a Turbo car just for the DV noise I mean c'mon Vibs you said it yourself you had one till you got bored of it

I don't fancy losing the performance i've just got by reataching a pipe because i've picked the wrong type of valve

It's not like i can afford to waste £130 odd if i don't like it or it slows the car down!
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must sad as well, because that is why I've always wanted one.
Mistamist

18th Apr 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to sound stupid, but is a wastegate the same as a recirc Dump valve? i used to have a smart Roadster as my company car (hold head in shame and wait for the hairdresser comments) and i loved the sound of the wastegate more of a chatter than a ptshhhh, if i decide to get a LET i would prefer it to make that sound.
StuartVRS

18th Apr 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah sad to admit but i've always wanted a Turbo car just for the DV noise I mean c'mon Vibs you said it yourself you had one till you got bored of it

I don't fancy losing the performance i've just got by reataching a pipe because i've picked the wrong type of valve

It's not like i can afford to waste £130 odd if i don't like it or it slows the car down!

Get your little ass down to mine one day and drive ours if you wanna see what/hear what the atmospheric valve is like. Trust me you wont be disappointed
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I did not get ride of it cause I was bored. I got rid of it cause I fanced trying my recirc on again and that provided a much better drive
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mistdotcom
Sorry to sound stupid, but is a wastegate the same as a recirc Dump valve? i used to have a smart Roadster as my company car (hold head in shame and wait for the hairdresser comments) and i loved the sound of the wastegate more of a chatter than a ptshhhh, if i decide to get a LET i would prefer it to make that sound.

wastegate chatter is just a couple of words the waste gate doe snot move. chatter is the sound you get when the DV does not vent properly causing turbo stall
vibrio
Banned

18th Apr 04 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

look it all depends on you. do you want a noise and the chance of your car going into limp mode or do you use the valve that most of the VAG tuning companys would use. Jabba would not install a atmopheric valve with their 300+hp IHI conversion

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F****ing Turbo cars *** UPDATE***** 22 database queries in 0.0189290 seconds