corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F****ing Turbo cars *** UPDATE*****

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F****ing Turbo cars *** UPDATE*****
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
18th Apr 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Yeah sad to admit but i've always wanted a Turbo car just for the DV noise I mean c'mon Vibs you said it yourself you had one till you got bored of it

I don't fancy losing the performance i've just got by reataching a pipe because i've picked the wrong type of valve

It's not like i can afford to waste £130 odd if i don't like it or it slows the car down!

look it all depends on you. do you want a noise and the chance of your car going into limp mode or do you use the valve that most of the VAG tuning companys would use. Jabba would not install a atmopheric valve with their 300+hp IHI conversion

Of course they wont stick one on a 300bhp car. Its a demo car to show how much power they can get for their customers. They want all the power they can and go gor the best performing valve, a recirc. I havent hit limp mode with either atmospheric DV that ive used, i went into limp mode once due to another fault with the car, unrelated to the use of the DV. I have no doubts recirc is best for all out power but if you want the noise, atmospheric will work and as ive stated both myself and another A3 owner run bailey atmospherics and neither of us have had any problems at all.
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what's your fuel consumption like compared to an A3 of similar spec with the recirc valve?
StuartVRS

18th Apr 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSRi16v
So what's your fuel consumption like compared to an A3 of similar spec with the recirc valve?

Little problem there, there isnt a similar spec A3 to mine on audi sport or planet audi. We get good fuel consumption but obviously while on boost it resembles an alcoholic at a free bar. Ill keep an eye on the dash and give ya a few results but im sure we get around 300 miles to a tank on easy driving
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Apr 04 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent matey that would be excellent

Could do with knowing as my car is piss poor on fuel at the moment.
CORSA NUT

19th Apr 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car aint exaclty great on fuel F***ing Turbo's

WTF is limp mode? I think i'll try the Atmospheric first.I can always sell it
StuartVRS

19th Apr 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Give me 2 weeks or so mate, I might sell mine and go back to a recirc for a while, i fancy a change Plus, with a 400bhp conversion soon to happen, ill want a recirc on it then anyway.
Marc

19th Apr 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont talk to me about fuel economy

vibrio
Banned

19th Apr 04 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

limp mode is when your car goes into a safe mode to stop engine damage. can't remember if you need to go to dealer to get the fault erased
StuartVRS

19th Apr 04 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

limp mode is when your car goes into a safe mode to stop engine damage. can't remember if you need to go to dealer to get the fault erased

It doesnt have to go to a dealer, ours was cleared by PTS but basically you need to have it erased. Limp mode in our case was 3psi boost max.
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

19th Apr 04 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
Give me 2 weeks or so mate, I might sell mine and go back to a recirc for a while, i fancy a change Plus, with a 400bhp conversion soon to happen, ill want a recirc on it then anyway.

F*ck me that should be fun.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F****ing Turbo cars *** UPDATE***** 22 database queries in 0.0120270 seconds