corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tuning a 1.6 16v sport

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tuning a 1.6 16v sport
Ajones_17

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would are the best engine mods to do to a 1.6 16v sport.
I wanna make it as fast as fcuk. What would everyone recommend doing. Cheers.

[Edited on 02-04-2004 by Ajones_17]
L330wnz

2nd Apr 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they respond to tuning well as do the gsi's! I could recommend a few as I hav a 1.6 sport but I int that advanced on modding...yet!
oztek corsa

2nd Apr 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

throttle bodies,exhaust manifold, straight through system,ported/polished head,high compression pistons, turbo conversion etc. etc. etc. what sort of money do you want to spend?
L330wnz

2nd Apr 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ur budget is important...that will determine wot u can/can't do..wot oztek just put will cost u £2000+ if u get it odne properly!!
CRB 553

2nd Apr 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

throttle bodies alone set up right will cost u that!
Ajones_17

2nd Apr 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get paid about £300 a month cos I’m at college and only got a part time job, I’ve got £300 in the bank at the moment so I was wonderin what are the best mods for the money and what order should I do them in. Cheers.
andy hirst

2nd Apr 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start with a good exhaust and de-cat, drilled airbox, manifold, then an inlet manifold(velos/mantzel) and unichip. that should take you to 135-145 bhp when setup. After that cams and headwork and you should make 150 bhp
Greg_M

2nd Apr 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a good first step is a straight through zorst, and a desent air feed to the engine mate.
Greg_M

2nd Apr 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inlet manifold will get you 20bhp maximum, zorst ,ite get you another 4. chipping wount improve bhp gain, but will set it all up to get good throttle respose.
broster
Premium Member

2nd Apr 04 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chipping will improve bhp gain as you can up the limit and if you have a manzel inlet you shall gain more bhp, also it shall set the car up to the zorst filter etc and thats more gai nthere!
Greg_M

2nd Apr 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, depends on what chip you get tho. whith inlet manifold, good zorst, desent air feeds you mite see 130-140bhp poss. greasemonkey has around 150bhp and is rebored and alsorts.
Davido

2nd Apr 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all u experts

no point sticking a manifold on mate first u need to be getting more air into the engine, i wud rcmnd 1st thing induction kit if u havent already just to get a decent air feed then get some high performance cams and new chip that will set u of on a good foot with v good bhp gains, then go for the inlet manifold + s/s exhaust
broster
Premium Member

2nd Apr 04 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveyboyuk
all u experts

no point sticking a manifold on mate first u need to be getting more air into the engine, i wud rcmnd 1st thing induction kit if u havent already just to get a decent air feed then get some high performance cams and new chip that will set u of on a good foot with v good bhp gains, then go for the inlet manifold + s/s exhaust

lol, nah mate before you mess with cams you wanna go for a new inlet manifold, easy way to get 20bhp! drill air box and panel filter. then go for cams, zorst system and zprst manifold and then chip it!
Greg_M

2nd Apr 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
all u experts

and i suppose you are
Davido

2nd Apr 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

work with mechanics had many a conversations with them.......with fitting a manifold ur not increasing airflow to ur engine so tell me how is that better than added cams and a chip??

[Edited on 02-04-2004 by daveyboyuk]

Greg_M

2nd Apr 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitting an intake manifold will increase ait into the engine, cutting out restrictive bends and pipes of the existing system. its the whole point of them
broster
Premium Member

2nd Apr 04 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
work with mechanics had many a conversations with them.......with fitting a manifold ur not increasing airflow to ur engine so tell me how is that better than added cams and a chip??

dude, you taking about an exhaust manifold or an inlet manifold, cuz an inlet manifold will increase air into the engine! cams and chip will give power but it will be better to do the inlet first as ull gain more bhp per pound that way!
Davido

2nd Apr 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah lets air out more effiecent which i agree will increase power but with the 1.4 & 1.6 the bigger and most beneficial gains are to be made getting rid of the large restrictions vauxhall made by getting air into the engine
Davido

2nd Apr 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was reff to zorst manifold
Greg_M

2nd Apr 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO INTAKE MANIFOLD
Davido

2nd Apr 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i totally agree inlet manifold combine with cams and chip will give very impressive gains
Greg_M

2nd Apr 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh im soooo knowledgeable
Davido

2nd Apr 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then it wud be time to get exhaust manifold and s/s exhaust system helping get the air out the other end
miles

2nd Apr 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
all u experts

If you have £300 to spend first of all then you HAVE to spend £285 of this on a velos inlet manifold. It will give you pretty much 20bhp on a standard engine. Nothing else will get anywhere close to that for that price. It will transform the car. An exhaust might give you 3/4bhp for the same money, cams pretty much the same.....

Then get a panel filter (£25) forget induction kits.

Look on here to find a cheap exhaust after you have the inlet manifold.

If I had a corsasport and could only do one thing to it that one thing would most certainly be to replace the inlet manifold.
Davido

2nd Apr 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is one topic we could spend all night talking about there r so many arguments and different things to do but as we have said above that wud give u good power

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll