corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with bhp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with bhp
SJW16V

User status: Offline
   23rd Dec 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey
i would like to know the bhp you can get out of a 1.6 sport xe engine
i notice the gti's and vts are roughly 125 to 130 bhp standard
and the 1600 sport is only 110 i think corect me if im wrong
ive got a sport 1.4 just now and im thinkin bout swappin the 1.4 with a 1.6 then tuning it
manifolds and throttle bodies
is it worth it? i dont want a 2.0
dont want to spend all my money on a 1400 and i cant insure a civic vti yet so please help me if u can
cheerz
woody

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by SJW16V]
broster
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can do what im doing tho, i have a 1.4 16v and am spending money on that, bolt on stuff like induction kits, inlet and exhaust manifold etc then when u can afford a 1.6 swop it all over to a 1.6 engine! you can get 150bhp out of a 1.6 easy, look at donnas engine! 130bhp is also an easy target to get with the 1.6's
Dave

23rd Dec 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you want a 2ltr?

I wouldn't say it was wothwhile swapping the 1.4 for a 1.6,you could spend the money involved tuning a 1.4 up to far more power than a standard 1.6.

Look at SBD or QED's throttle body kits if you want serious power,if that a bit out of reach price wise then filters,cams,inlet/exhaust manifolds,chips etc are gonna be your best bet.
SJW16V

23rd Dec 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want cams, chip, throttle bodies, manilfolds but i dont want all the for a 1.4 if i can get a bit more power from the 1.6
i dont want a 2.0 coz of insurance and other stuff
broster
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the 1.6 will always respond more that a 1.4! the 1.6 is a great engine! id rather have a tuned 1.6 over a 2.0ltr, and its cheaper to insure with companies like liverpool victoria
J da Silva

23rd Dec 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
but the 1.6 will always respond more that a 1.4! the 1.6 is a great engine! id rather have a tuned 1.6 over a 2.0ltr, and its cheaper to insure with companies like liverpool victoria

agreed! after tryin out both engines, 1.6's tuned to the tash are the best bet, 2litre insurance is stupid money
SJW16V

23rd Dec 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive made my mind up 1600 baby is the way to go its lighter also
now all i need to do is find some1 sellin one
and sell my 1.4
i just wish vauxhall mad engines like hondas
civic sir11 170bhp and its a 1.6 thats amazing there rare tho but the
civic vti still 160bhp
sack insuring that tho
our corsa's look better!
broster
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is always a few goining up for sale! try looking on ebay aswell, call places like velos, they maybe able to help

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by broster]
Cybermonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have big money to spend, x16xe is the way to go. At the end of the day, it is the best engine when tuned for the little corsa. It is light, so handling doesn't become an issue, and can be tuned to over 220bhp with throttle bodies. A few members on this board have done this. Andy has a 210bhp 1.6 corsa, and believe me there isnt much that can keep up with it. You also have the satisfaction of being able to handle better than a 2.0 corsa ever would.

Dave
miles

23rd Dec 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the c16xe
Cybermonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes even better than the X, but getting hard to find a minter

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with bhp 23 database queries in 0.0108550 seconds