corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which induction kit...??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which induction kit...??
L330wnz

User status: Offline
19th Mar 04 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna buy an induction kit, but not sure wot 2 go for!? ...at first I wanted the K&N 57i..but they seem 2 be common in my area + I've heard u have 2 take 'em 2 pieces 2 clean?! Then I thought that the BFO Cone seems cool.. but 2 me its an unknown quantity...can sum1 enlighten me? Then I got told that the pipercross range is very very good and its affordable + easy 2 clean, etc + it looks sweet and sounds good...every1's opinions welcome!
dan.payne

19th Mar 04 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy mine off me K&N 57i
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LoL I want advice.... nice try
broster
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pvd bfo cone is made by piperX but its huge in comparison to the piperX cone filter, its deffo the loudest one out there thatll fit direct on to ur car IMO! if u want performance go for a sealed one like the piperX viper but at £350 it aint cheap, or drill ur air box, gives noise but not as much as an induction kit IMO! what engine have you got? you dont have to take the k&n apart to clean
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am keen on the piperx induction...but the viper is way too exspensive & probably better on a scooby or evo IMO! I have a corsa 1.6i 16v sport Eco-Tech... I do want it 2 sound more beasty but at the same time I want quality too..!?!
burt16v

19th Mar 04 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u want all noise and some flat spots?
Or still a lot of nioise and a few bhp increase?
If the 1st one then go for a k&n or pipercross ind kit they are all much the same.
if it was my choice id drill the underside and far side(ie facing onto the drivers wing) with small holes and plumb 2 larger pipes into the front of the airbox and connect them to the front of the car for cold air direct to the air box. then just put in a foam panel filter and pull the plastic pipe out of the inside of the box, and there u go great noise more power and no flat spots. but thats just my choice.
good luck

Burt

[Edited on 19-03-2004 by burt16v]
MikeH

19th Mar 04 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the BFO mate they are really very good and have fewer flatspots than any other induction kit due to its size.
burt16v

19th Mar 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u can get it enclosed off from the engine it should be a good job but apart from that it will suck in hot air from the engine bay maybe more coz its bigger, but i dont know ive never used one. but alot have them on here so must be good.
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coz of its size I reckon it would suck in hot air from engine...can anyone explain a bit more here? Maybe the piperx wud be betta as it wud suck in less hot air...but it has a smaller cold air bore doesn't it?
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if I went for the bfo wot size would I choose on a 1.6i 16v sport corsa?? The biggest or won't it fit??
MikeH

19th Mar 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its only the gsi that won't fit the bfo isn't it?

more air is always better than less air regardless of it being hot or cold, so if you have your air intake in a hot place, the bigger the better.
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it seems like the BFO is the one 2 go for? More opinions/info please peeps
burt16v

19th Mar 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sealed kits like the viper and a drilled airbox with panel filter are the best options here for reducing hot air intake. the best bet is as i mentioned above 2 large pipes from the grill or bumper plumbed into the airbox and siliconed where they join the airbox to seal them, this can give more bhp and still sounds great!! plus it costs about £30 max. induction kits i think are purly for looks and sound and are no better than the standard induction system unless ur driving at high speed in a freezing country all the time....
burt16v

19th Mar 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your intake is in a hot place, the bigger it is the worse, it will suck in some cold air and this will cancel out some of the warm air in the engine bay but because of the larger surface area the car will tend to bog down on pick up at lights or when stationary for a while and have flat spots. ind kits in the summer are a ballix.....
whitter45

19th Mar 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a bfo and it sounded wicked but had flat spots. The piper X sounds better than the K and N so if i was u due to the size of engine and amount of heat given off i would go for the piperX
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's wot I thought originally coz there aint much space in me engine bay and it gets hot under the bonnet!! + I've heard mixed reviews on BFO but nuffin but good fingz with the PiperX...but I spose each engine will perform different with each induction kit as no engine is identical, so I guess its hard 2 say wot one is the best..!
whitter45

19th Mar 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but the size of the bFO will not be good for bigger engines and the limited space under the bonnet. If u have to get an induction kit get the piperX. If u had a smaller engine i would have said the BFO

[Edited on 19-03-2004 by whitter45]
burt16v

19th Mar 04 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man the pipercross is good but its very expensive. trust me the drilled airbox will do the same job performance wise and sound very much the same. just drill the side and bottom of the box with small holes for noise, and 2 larger ducting pipes into the front and connect to bumper, its 10 times cheaper too!!! :-)
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read the tutorial on drilling ya air box and there woz no mention of any hose, if I just drilled it on side & bottom with no hose ducting then would it still be ok Burt16v? Or would it have more effect with hose? i'm just a bit bout how to hose it?!
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also shold I get a panle filter? if so, where can i purchase one in norwich?
burt16v

19th Mar 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will still be fine mate and sound as good and stop flat spots.
i prefer plumbing a hose in as it gives direct cold air = more power. u can buy some ducting pipe from B&Q or halfords for a few quid and use a drill bit that is used for putting large circular holes in wood or plastic any DIY man or joiner should have one, then make sure ur pipe is the same size as the hole (or a close match) put the pipe into the lower half of the airbox below the filter and silicone the joint to seal it in place, connect it to the front grill with a cable tie or something anf hey presto, its pretty easy and cheap...
burt16v

19th Mar 04 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u should be able to get a panel filter from any car accessory store somewhere like halfords they are about £30 get a foam one if u want it to sound more deep/grumbly, the 16 sports sound the dogs! im in belfast man so i wouldnt know where in norwich but im sure there is plenty of car places there.
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer there is, and £30 is like more than half price of induction kit and if doesn't impress me then I can always whip it out n but an induction kit! Well looks like a lil DIY is in need at weekend cheers burt
L330wnz

19th Mar 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, what size pipe is advisable? like 2 inlets of about a 1 inch? or 1 inlet like 1 n a half or 2 inch? LoL i can't picture how big me air box is ya c so not 2 sure
whitter45

19th Mar 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a search mate there is loads of topics on drilling ur airbox

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll