corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » drilled airbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author drilled airbox
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
16th Jun 03 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just quickly wanna know how many and how big the holes i drill are? would i be alrite just drilling the top section, which lifts out easily. What sort of change in noise will i get. thanx
corsa_godfather

16th Jun 03 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the whole box out drill the front left hand side(opposite engine) left hand side and underneath left hand side.dont drill above the filter!also wot size engine i ur car?dont do it if its a 1l 12v
Kris TD

16th Jun 03 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by koolkorsa
e? would i be alrite just drilling the top section, which lifts out easily.

erm no that would defeat having an airbox in the first place.

did mine the other day, on the bototm drivers wing side there is a huge bit which unclips, take that off and bin it, cut out the plastic sticks which add a bit of support, drill some holes on the wing side and wing side front. diod mine with an 8mm drill bit. soun ds pretty much like my induction kit except a little less hiss, defo has more torque and runs better than did with cone filter. thats with a new standard paper filter in too, not even a gucci one.
jm960326

16th Jun 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drilled mine with 4 large holes in the far side of it. Sounds so much better now! As KrisTD says dont drill the top, you'll wreck the engine if you do!
Scotty_B

16th Jun 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Corsa C 1.4 SRi. Drilling the airbox and fitting a K&N replacement element filter, gives me the same noise as my previously fitted Piper induction kit did.
Drilling the airbox also got rid of the flat spots that I felt the Induction kit produced.
I drilled about 30-40 5mm holes all down the left-hand side of the bottom of the airbox. NOT THE TOP PART.
I also cut all the tubing out off the inside of the box and fitted another cold air feed as well as the standard one.
Kris TD

16th Jun 03 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah my next job is to run some cold air feeds, which i ahd to my induction kit. defo a much better option that an induction kit, the rear test will be next month when my car is on the rollers, i will do 2 runs, one with drilled airbox, other with induction kit too see whats best.
digitalbanana

17th Jun 03 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_godfather
take the whole box out drill the front left hand side(opposite engine) left hand side and underneath left hand side.dont drill above the filter!also wot size engine i ur car?dont do it if its a 1l 12v

Why not drill a 1ltr? I drilled mine, bit nippier and sounds good.
Born_corsa02

17th Jun 03 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cut a fuck off big hole in towards the wing side of my 1.4 16v SRI sounds the bollocks from 3k onwards
Charlie12345

5th Aug 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not do it if a 1L? why has my orange EML light come on?

New Poll