corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help - drilling holes on airbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help - drilling holes on airbox
tommyT

User status: Offline
13th Sep 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have finally got round to drilling my Corsa C airbox. Problem is that I may have drilled too many holes. What I've done is drilled about 30 holes on the underside of the airbox. There is a note on the tutorial saying not to drill above the air filter line - does this mean on the top side of the airbox above the panel filter?

Please help.
Neshol

13th Sep 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should be obvious what happens when you have the airbox apart. Air gets sucked in through the bottom part, passes through the air filter, then gets sucked into the engine. If you drill "above the filter", dirty air can mix in with the already filtered air, which isn't good.
luca2020

16th Feb 04 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO! u do not drill on the top of the air box!!!! if u look at it as said air goes into the air box, up through the filter and into the pipeing, if u drill on top whats the point in having a filter, ull just be sucking dirty air into ur engine which is bad
luca2020

16th Feb 04 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really hate those related posts at the bottom of the threads
CorsaLad16v

16th Feb 04 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl a bit late with the reply.. but it may come in handy to some1 who was gonna do a stupid thing to their airbox lol
Neshol

16th Feb 04 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll