corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO ppl with decats

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO ppl with decats
M4tt

User status: Offline
13th Mar 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got a janspeed cat back system, and i'll buy a janspeed decat, would that fit straight into the back of my of my cat back?

reason is cause i don't want to cut n e more piping off the current cat from the manifold to the cat-back sys, as i need to put it back on MOT's

if not, could i just use a bit of straight exhaust piping from my standard system to mate the decat to the catback system?

cheers

matt

[Edited on 13-03-2004 by M4tt]
Joff

User status: Offline
13th Mar 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no straight answer because we've got no idea how much metal is left on your cat section.

My cat pipe is cut to the same length as my decat pipe, so swapping the two over every October isn't a problem.

Take the pipework to an independant garage as most franchise/chain garages won't touch the cat due to it affecting MOTs.

New Poll