corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boot Floor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot Floor
mwg

User status: Offline
4th Mar 04 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wots the best way to get a good fit for making a boot floor out of MDF with a false floor sat on top of it. tried to do it in my last car but the side trim is soooo curvy its impossible to get a good fit. ive tried just tracing the shape of the carpet but that doesnt work either!

any ideas or is it just trial and bastid error?!

and will 4 guage wire be good enough for about 1500watts of power? been looking at Voodoo stuff. it looks shit hot but doesnt say power ratings.
mwg

4th Mar 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
M4tt

4th Mar 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i managed to use my OE boot carpet as a template.

i cut the MDF about a 0.5cm shorter of the bood carpet so get a good fit and to allow for the carpet....

then a bit of triming just o get it to sit nice

i did find it a bit of bastid though
R Lee

5th Mar 04 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just finisehd mine. absolute pain in the arse. the boot carpet i used as a template to start off with. when i got mdf cut out etc. realsied it wouldn't go in properly so i cut it in half so it goes in 2 pieces rather than one large one. then realsied once ive done that my boot tapers upwards / \ like this. this meant that the overall shape of my false floor is poop.
I HATE MAKING FALSE FLOORS
AdiSRI

5th Mar 04 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mins done, but was double layered and in 3 pieces. I also still have access to the spare wheel which was the main headache.
M2RTY

5th Mar 04 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

push the wood up to the edge of the boot that u want to cut

get a compass (one with pen and needle thing drawing circles)

extend them right out

hold the needel on the car body and drag it down, making a parellel line onto the wood

cut this line and it will fit perfect
mwg

5th Mar 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
mins done, but was double layered and in 3 pieces. I also still have access to the spare wheel which was the main headache.

ye id like access to the spare wheel well too. could be a problem with 2 subs and 3 amps though

dont understand wot u are on about using a compass M2RV H? ull have to explain it a bit more mate!
Been thinking of a way to do it: Ive still got the MDF floor Idid for my old one. wasnt that good a fit (slightly small) but i suppose i could put it in the boot, stick paper round the edges, crease the paper along the line of the boot. cut the paper along the crease line, put it back in to see wot the fit is like. if its any good i could then cut it out. i should hopefully then have a goodish fit? wot do u guys reckon?

When it is trimmed with carpet it will also make it a tighter fit so i might end up with an allright fit. ill have to give it a go some time!
AdiSRI

5th Mar 04 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a single sub and 2 amps, but theres plenty of room still, you could get 2 subs and 3 amps in with acccess to wheel still, just be more interesting to design.

New Poll