corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine management light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine management light
MOB

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help please!

the engine management light keeps coming on when i'm driving. i hit bout 65-70 in 5th gear and all power seems to go and the light comes on. if i lift of accelerator and then accelerate again the light goes out and pwer comes back. had car looked at in garage over the last few weeks and they keep saying they fixed it and it still does it. everytime i take it back they say another part needs changing. so far had a new CAT, some lead and new lamda sensor. is getting very costly indeed. oh yea, its a 1.0 12v on a W plate, with induction kit, 17s and bodykit, etc

cheers guys!
myke

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think theres a guide on here of how to read your fault codes with a paperclip.

find the guide, then do the test next time the fault occurs. look for the fault list to find what your code means, then hopefully you'll have an idea what's wrong with it.

saves £20 or whatever a garage will charge to hook it up to diagnostics. then you'll know what is at fault so no-ones fits parts that don't need changing on your car.

New Poll