corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SUM1 crashed into my car (advice) AWAITS TO BE TOWED

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SUM1 crashed into my car (advice) AWAITS TO BE TOWED
Andy GSi

User status: Offline
1st Mar 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheakycharlie
wish i cud stop panicking and shaking

dickhead 4 not getin full details.. just panicked

u do panick, its not a nice feeling! just hope the lady is a geniun lady, and will own up its her fault and claim on her insurance! looks bad with the back wheel!
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andysri
quote:
wish i cud stop panicking and shaking

dickhead 4 not getin full details.. just panicked

u do panick, its not a nice feeling! just hope the lady is a geniun lady, and will own up its her fault and claim on her insurance! looks bad with the back wheel!

fort about ringin her / goin 2 see where car and house was but dnt wana cause hassle
leavin 2 insurance to do sort or i am fooked

awaiting news on car bein towed away... a possible hire-car.. and set up of a docs appointment by the insurance
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate reckons a tank has hit it not a standard corsa.. hes lookin at the damage now to give his view

other driver says she gota witness about me speedin wen i was doin 10-15 and so was she GRR! but my witness just says she saw a car not stop or look and plough straight into me
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my mate reckons a tank has hit it not a standard corsa.. hes lookin at the damage now to give his view

other driver says she gota witness about me speedin wen i was doin 10-15 and so was she GRR! but my witness just says she saw a car not stop or look and plough straight into me

mk4_astra

1st Mar 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a thought-if she didnt stop was this coz her tyres didnt provide enough grip? reason i say this is because i knew some1 who went into the back of some1 who then hit the car infront and tried to sue my mate for whiplash,but he noticed his 2 front tyres were bold and when my mate got home told the insurance company about the crash and the tyres and the other blokes car was inspected early next morning and he was fined for both front tyres and his insurance instantly paid out to my mate.
might seem a bit harsh but it seems shes trying to get out of this any way possible
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
just a thought-if she didnt stop was this coz her tyres didnt provide enough grip? reason i say this is because i knew some1 who went into the back of some1 who then hit the car infront and tried to sue my mate for whiplash,but he noticed his 2 front tyres were bold and when my mate got home told the insurance company about the crash and the tyres and the other blokes car was inspected early next morning and he was fined for both front tyres and his insurance instantly paid out to my mate.
might seem a bit harsh but it seems shes trying to get out of this any way possible

cud be ... i was so shocked hence i didnt move i didnt no wot 2 do so barely saw her damage for more then few secs

my cars all declared just had MOT and passed so just gota wait , hope i get a hire car

dya no where cuddington is mate
barry_kellett99

1st Mar 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can any witness be relied on to tell the difference between a car doing 5mph or 10 mph in a carpark, their talking shite. Unless they were carrying a speed camera in their car
mk4_astra

1st Mar 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^yup village very near me,drive outta aylesbury,towards thame/oxford. drive through stone then past dinton(next village) then when you come to the haddenham crossroads turn right then about a min later you will be in cuddington.
let me know if you have any probs mate know that village quite well
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate basically thats where she lives..

cars getin towed to my mate bodyshop tomorrow so il update on the damage
Paul_J

1st Mar 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically mate - She is at fault! Whatever speed you were doing She is still at fault - there were give way lines on the road.

GIVE WAY MEANS GIVE WAY

i.e. even if you wern't driving there - she should of stopped, checked to see if it was clear and then pulled out

As it happened, she didn't stop - she kept going and hit you - this A) means she didn't give way B) means she wasn't looking where she was going and C) by the look of the damage looks like she was doing over the 5 mph!!

Just take it to court over those 3 things mate... Even if she tries to chuck the speeding thing at you, she has no evidence - so it can't be acknowledged!

You however can say that your damage is proof that she was doing over the 5 mph, as it's quite a big hit. The fact she is a new driver means the court will most probably give you benefit of doubt - plus u have witness!

I've had this happen to me once and nearly happen to me again!

Driving into college I had a woman fly back at about 20 mph reversing and smack into the side of my car!

She seemed pretty shocked and after I had a 10 minute rant at her she accepted all responsability.

I was driving down a road at 40 mph the other day, and a woman in a golf came up to a give way cross roads (I had right of way - she had give way lines) - but as I was passing, she didn't brake! Probably totally missed the pedal - dumb bitch. I had to swerve into the other lane!

If there was traffic coming either she would of hit me, or I would of hit other traffic swerving, but thank god she missed...

grr - premiums are high for men coz all the women crash into our cars

Born_corsa02

1st Mar 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you were goin really fast and she drove into you damage would have been minimal like a scratch looks like from the pics she didn't even make an attempt to stop cos that is one heavy impact did she skid or were you the only thing that stopped her
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Born_corsa02
If you were goin really fast and she drove into you damage would have been minimal like a scratch looks like from the pics she didn't even make an attempt to stop cos that is one heavy impact did she skid or were you the only thing that stopped her

i didnt brake at all i didnt see her at all.. just new id been hit wen i span.. lucky werent no other cars there or i wud hit them and there was people nearby,, stupid cow.. didnt hear a skid just SMACK and broken glass noise

thanx 4 advice paul iv wrote up my own statement using all ur points and using everyone elsses just hope she dont hassle me contestin it
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just checked the car once more

sum how the rear bumper.. door and skirts are totally fine..

dnt no if huge dents can be all beaten out or if just need new rear 1/4 panel
Shane

1st Mar 04 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel sorry for you m8, any sort of accident leaves you shakin, i had a bump going over a mini roundabout 2 weeks after i got my corsa, wasnt my fault but the insurence would have seen it like that, all i did was dent my wing and pop my light, but im always so weary when i come up to mini roundabouts now, it will all be fine m8

[Edited on 01-03-2004 by netrix]
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by netrix
feel sorry for you m8, any sort of accident leaves you shakin, i had a bump going over a mini roundabout 2 weeks after i got my corsa, wasnt my fault but the insurence would have seen it like that, all i did was dent my wing and pop my light, but im always so weary when i come up to mini roundabouts now, it will all be fine m8

[Edited on 01-03-2004 by netrix]

hoping so
Fad

1st Mar 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
iv just checked the car once more

sum how the rear bumper.. door and skirts are totally fine..

dnt no if huge dents can be all beaten out or if just need new rear 1/4 panel

just got to hope there is no stuctural damageetc, prolly just need a new suspension and axel hub etc
Thoday

1st Mar 04 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats wot im hopin fad

the car does move tho tried again 2day i reckon with spare wheel on there it wud move alot easier

but iv no idea wot difference ud feel if wheel was perfect between fooked suspension and ok one
Thoday

2nd Mar 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got thru the post a hooge set of forms from solicitors involved

pages and pages FFS

£170 per hour they charge and £17 per letter sent out!

gota pain in left shoulder.. and twinge in lower back.. went to docs. he wasnt really helpful just said cos uv spun ur muscles have moved when ur seatbelts tried to stop u so uv probably strained or sprayed muscles but u cant realy tell immediately and it should go after 14 days rest

HELPFUL!

[Edited on 02-03-2004 by cheakycharlie]
Adam-CorsaC18s

2nd Mar 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep going mate - If it hurts - you gotta keep going, plus dont worry about fee's the other side pay all those.

Ive just got £4250 for a claim, but that took 3years to sort out, never accpt the first couple of offers you get!!!!
Kris TD

2nd Mar 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt turn up at the house fella, guy drove into my bros gf sister the other day, that evening his dad came with 2 mates too look, got out of hand and her mum called the police. they have no incriminated themselves and any chance of claiming it was her fault has now gone out the window.
Thoday

2nd Mar 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
wouldnt turn up at the house fella, guy drove into my bros gf sister the other day, that evening his dad came with 2 mates too look, got out of hand and her mum called the police. they have no incriminated themselves and any chance of claiming it was her fault has now gone out the window.

agreed thats y i didnt go round there. leavin it 2 insurance.and im 75% sure he details are honest and correct
just bored crapless.. phoned in2 work sick 2 days now cos i do liftin and i dont feel up2 it

mite go back 2mo but iv been told only light duties cos i dnt wana sit down allday or be bendin over

2 b honest i just want my car back.. my mates dad cud prob fix it now and have it back in week or 2 cos i hate the hassle

but im not gona drop all this i am totally gutted, angry and upset.. stil seein visions of me spinning
Thoday

2nd Mar 04 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just workd it out over 2 years i spent near £3000 on my corsa

ICE £500
WHEELS £650
BODYWORK £500
SPRAYING £500
ENGINE MODS £400
MISCELLANEOUS £400

ESP £900 SINCE XMAS getin it sorted for MOT!

GRRRRRR!!

[Edited on 02-03-2004 by cheakycharlie]
Ben
Banned

2nd Mar 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry m8 , end of day she shud of stopped ! bottom line , fuckin bitch
Thoday

2nd Mar 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GRR i know just often u get booger all back apart from some crappy standard value
Adam-D

2nd Mar 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case strip it return to std as possible

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SUM1 crashed into my car (advice) AWAITS TO BE TOWED 22 database queries in 0.0152280 seconds