corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Legal law...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Legal law...
TOMAS

User status: Offline
7th Feb 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct me if im wrong here...

Ive been pulled twice now for having my screen on, its been on blue screen playing MP3's though so no moving images...

Now im SURE that this is LEGAL but the coppers say no it isnt, basically when its in that mode its just like a bloody glorified h.unit face OR the MFD? The screen is on dash just above the MFD but does not effect visibility out of windowscreen....

Any websites that have THE uk law on this stuff, so that when they next pull me I can say, it is LEGAL - and quote the law referance etc cos im SURE they are wrong...
Houckham

7th Feb 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be good to know.
Anyone help him out?
combatprojex

7th Feb 04 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally would think it wasnt legal... because them screens are meant to have a switch that turns them off when the hand brake is released. stupid as it is tho but thats the way it is.
TOMAS

7th Feb 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but even when the handbrake is on (when wired legally) it still shows a blue screen with just the CD/MP3 playing - just like it was. Their was NO moving images. Basically it still shows the same screen for this function wether its wired legally or illegally...
mentalcorsa

8th Feb 04 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probs better asking on talkaudio chap
Bonus

8th Feb 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt it ok only if its displaying car info Ie Sat nav?

Some Sat Nav systems work on TV's and would be pointless if you had to turn that off to drive!
Melville

8th Feb 04 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ good point. My old man has sat nav in his and his is on all the time. Thats a colour screen and has moving images.
mentalcorsa

8th Feb 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Member # 11104
Posted : 8-Feb-04 130 BST profile email send pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q.My mates say that the Undercar Neon's are against the law, is that true??
A. UK Law: If the tubes themselves are visible then specific colours have to be used i.e red for the back, orange for the sides, white for the front etc. There is no definitive law for lights placed underneath the vehicle, they are not classed as legal or illegal. Technically the light is not projected, it is only a glow - so the colour shouldn't matter. However the legal situation for lighting under vehicles is not clear cut and cannot be satisfactorily answered until there is a law made defining their legality. We are pressing for clearer up to date laws on the matter and would like to get them legalised. Check out the current U.K law: http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_3.htm#(Tii)iicolourlightshownlampreflector It is important to mention that a minority of the Police don't like ground lighting and may ask you to switch the system off. If they are met with verbal abuse or arguing then they could find a reason to issue a ticket. At the end of the day it is up to your own discretion as to whether you switch your ground lighting on whilst on the road
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allenpc
"L" Plater
Member # 11101
Posted : 8-Feb-04 14:44 BST profile email send pm
I'm owning up to being a rozzer, so I'll let you in on the facts. Any unsteady light will likely get you pulled, that includes flashing or moving lights of any kind, unless the car was manufactured with them, i.e indicators. This applies to valve cap lights too.
Under body neons are usually fine so long as we can't see the tube, or LED's as only certain lights can be shown at certain areas of the car. You can't show red to the front for example. If we cant see the tube, its not a light, its a glow so that is fine. There are coppers out there that will stop you for the hell of it, just because they can, so don't get your back up. Some will even follow you when you have underbody neons on and wait until you go over a bridge, then, bam, they can see your neons and you get pulled.
The best advice I can give you is be nicey nicey, then just take the piss out of us when we've gone if you prefer.

taken from the ssc m8
corb

8th Feb 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt read any of that!!!^^^(cant be arsed!) But basically, any screen in view of the driver whilst the vehicle IS IN MOTION, can only display Sat Nav and Radio/CD etc. information. The bacground colour is regardless of this.

Like you said Tomas, when your handbrake is on, it displays a blue screen anyway.

IF, however, you're watching a motion picture, such as DVD or Computer Console Game, that would be illegal, if its in the drivers view. Passenger headrest screen is legal for DVD while vehicle is moving.
Houckham

8th Feb 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great little snippit there mentalcorsa

was wondering this myself as im soon to fit my blue neons next week
i made up a 2 relay latching output switch triggered by a remote keyfob.
hopefully will look great.
chadjpr

10th Feb 04 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that any blue light whether it be background screen colour or led etc in acar when moving was illegal is that right?

New Poll