corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » DIESEL EXHAUSTS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DIESEL EXHAUSTS
bubble

User status: Offline
1st Feb 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im havin a 1.3 diesel in march(dont worry it'll be nice) and i want a nice lookin exhaust. what is the deal with zorsts on diesels, are they really noisy or can you get sporty tones?
bubble

1st Feb 04 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im off bed now. if any1 wants giv me some info either mail me or u2u me. time to dream now. night all
Xs

1st Feb 04 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.3 diesel ! lol that will be very slow,
and the dont worry it will be nice,,,whats that suppost to mean becasue its a diesel it will look shite?
ive got a magnex 6x4 cat back system on mine, tis pretty loud ,,cant compare to a petrol tho

thats my gd old diesel! lol glad its going soon

[Edited on 01-02-2004 by Xs]
Greg_M

1st Feb 04 at 02:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always find with diesels that it dont matter how good you make it, when it strikes up it still sounds like a tractor!
Xs

1st Feb 04 at 03:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same with i always find it funny when ppl with 1litres with loud zorsts coming towards u making 1 loud racket then they drive by at 15mph from there hairdryer engine trying to make it sound like a 2litre turbo
Greg_M

1st Feb 04 at 03:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, i dont have a loud exhorst, and i dont pretend its a 2liter turbo, the only reason i have a 'hair dryer engine' is because it was cheep, is cheep to insure and had almost no miles on the clock.

whats the point in buying a higher model and ripping it all out anyway, and seeing as i can put any engine in upto 2.2l and no pay any more on insurance, think i was wise to go for a 12v insurance group 1.

[Edited on 01-02-2004 by Greg12v]
mike_1.2LS96

1st Feb 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
and seeing as i can put any engine in upto 2.2l and no pay any more on insurance, think i was wise to go for a 12v insurance group 1.

You would be insurance group 1 with a 2litre conversion? If you didn't tell them, but eventually you'd need an MOT and then it would all come out or if you had a crash say...
MattyB

1st Feb 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full zaust from turbo back inc. removal of particle filter on my 306 DTS + pipe back box didnt do much for performance, but gives a nicer "roar" at full boost.

However, on idle, u still get "chug, chug chug", which no exhaust will ever cure!! lol

Matt
Kris TD

1st Feb 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a full system of something like 2" bore, decat etc.. dont need it anyway. will actually add a fair wad of power unlike on N/A cars, get induction kit too, the turbos love them.
as for it being 70 bhp, thats not a problem, my 1.5 td started of being 67 bhp, last time it was dyno'd it got 99 bhp and im hoping for at least 130 bhp after the next wave of stuff goes on

an induction kit and zoorst will totally transform what they sound like
Greg_M

1st Feb 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike_1.2LS96
quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
and seeing as i can put any engine in upto 2.2l and no pay any more on insurance, think i was wise to go for a 12v insurance group 1.

You would be insurance group 1 with a 2litre conversion? If you didn't tell them, but eventually you'd need an MOT and then it would all come out or if you had a crash say...

yes it will, in my insurance policy the car will remain the same group

New Poll