corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Facelift Peugeot 306 D Turbo - - Any opinions plz?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Facelift Peugeot 306 D Turbo - - Any opinions plz?
MattyB

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 03 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got any opinions on these.....?

I'm gonna be driving 400+ miles a week for the next year, so i've been on the look out for a nice 3door roomy car that i can buy.

I've checked out a few faves, but all have got downsides....

Focus - pricey, 1.8 bit thirsty.

Astra - looks real borin, and diesel models are expensive

Corsa (1.4 sport) - too small/buzzy for loadsa m-way drivin

................but to be honest i dont really know much about peugeots.

The range i was look at was just under £4k, bout 1997/8.........and it appears they are quite well equiped....a/c, e/w, h/e/m, sports trim, alloys, plus it does 50mpg to the gallon with easy, and is insurance grp5, which helps coz i'll only be 19. Not bad, when 0-60 is 11 odd, tops at 115 and has loadsa torque. (and 120bhp is easy as piss to get outta one of these).

Just wonderin if any of u guys had experience with this motor (i would ONLY be interested in a diesel)..........

cheers in advance (Soz for long post)

Matt
MattyB

3rd Aug 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(oh and although those spec's are nothin special in the least, just remember i've been drivin a 1.2 8v for 2 years, and a bus seems swift!)
Drew
Banned

3rd Aug 03 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are very flat - my ex had 1 - i didnt like it much
MattyB

3rd Aug 03 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh rite. wot year/model she have?
jm960326

3rd Aug 03 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has an S, reg 306, newer styled model, facelift front and rear etc. Its so nice to drive, much better than my corsa, I like pugs, after one myself as the driving position with the seat and everything is so comfortable and just good. Light cars too so helps there.

Go for one.
Chris@Speedfreex

3rd Aug 03 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for a focus m8, interiors alot nicer i think,
MattyB

3rd Aug 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jm960326
My dad has an S, reg 306, newer styled model, facelift front and rear etc. Its so nice to drive, much better than my corsa, I like pugs, after one myself as the driving position with the seat and everything is so comfortable and just good. Light cars too so helps there.

Go for one.

good stuff.....
Adam-D

3rd Aug 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mondeo's are great for mile muchin
Mattb

3rd Aug 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a mk4 golf pumpa diesel, go well, and munch the miles..
Craig6682

3rd Aug 03 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mum has had three 306s and they have never broken down yet. She also had a 205 and that never broke down once either. Because she has never had any brake down in her Peugeots i decided to get a 106 as my first car and i've had nothing but problems with the gearbox, engine and clutch. My Mum has had all her Peugeots from new and got rid of them just before they need their first MOT. She gets them serviced once a year as she only does about 7,500 miles a year. My 106 is on an R Reg (late 1997) and the trouble i have had with it is just stupid. I wish i could afford a new one but being a student and living off my parents is a bit hard on the pocket BUT NOT THE STRESS LEVEL. Hehehe

If i was you and could afford a new car then i'd get a new 307 but i wouldn't go to the Peugeot dealer on Edge Lane as it is shit. I WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER CAR FROM THERE!!!
Tam the diesel man

3rd Aug 03 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a 306 diesel for a while no problems what so ever. much more comfortable to drive than my corsa
Claire

3rd Aug 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't describe a 306 DTurbo as being flat - not unless there was something wrong with it anyway. They are very good cars and handling is top. If it's not fast enough for your liking then they tune up really well with chips etc...
Craig6682

3rd Aug 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mum had a 1.9 Diesel (not turbo). It was quite nippy for a diesel. The one she has got now is a 1.4 petrol and she says she prefers the diesel as it was smoother, don't ask me. She's gonna order an 807 diesel after Christmas as her MOT is due in March.
jm960326

3rd Aug 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get a 307, they are horrible to drive compaired to the 306. They're like a mini bus inside.

We've had no problems with our 306 so I reccomend them.
Claire

3rd Aug 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Boyrac3r
My Mum had a 1.9 Diesel (not turbo). It was quite nippy for a diesel. The one she has got now is a 1.4 petrol and she says she prefers the diesel as it was smoother, don't ask me. She's gonna order an 807 diesel after Christmas as her MOT is due in March.

My sister had a 306 1.9 N/A Diesel and it was anything but nippy!! I think it is just about the slowest car I have been in
Craig6682

3rd Aug 03 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta say, 306s are very good cars but if you can afford a new one than i would get a 307 as they don't do the 306s anymore. I think they do a 307 2.2 D Turbo.
Claire

3rd Aug 03 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they don't they do 2 HDi's both are 2.0. One is 90bhp and one is 110bhp

[Edited on 03-08-2003 by Claire G]
Craig6682

3rd Aug 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe dat is de 807, dunno; sorry.
MattyB

4th Aug 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all ur help........looks like i'm gonna go for the post 98 D turbo, in blaze yellow hopefully air con as std

cheers again......

any more comments, please add at will

Matt
CORSA NUT

4th Aug 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have an Astra diesel van in work 02 reg 1.7 DTI and it is qiuck when it is empty so i rekon you should try and find a 2L DTI car version and have a drive.You'd be surprised

On the subject me mates mum missus has a new Focus 2L DTCI or somthin and it's quiker 30-60 than the RS Lovely motor!
Phil321

4th Aug 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can afford it, go for the Golf TDi or a Focus TDCi. Failing those, the 306 is a reasonable car for just blasting up and down the motorway. Alternatively, the likes of BMW and Audi engines are built to last forever, so look out for a 5 series BMW or Audi A4. I saw a V plate 520i, full leather, FBMWSH etc, 79k on the clock, go for 7k. A hell of a lot of car for the money and they'll go on for 200k no probs!
Claire

4th Aug 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If looked after a 306 D Turbo should easily do 200k with no major work , there was a taxi running round here with 750k on it!!! It was a 406 1.9 TDi. The taxi bloke recond it was because the engine rarely got a chance to cool down.
pug306boy

4th Aug 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my 306 hdi for a little over 3 years with no probs still a great car
MattyB

4th Aug 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers........but i'm afraid Audi, VW, BMW and even Vaux are out the question. Not unless u can find me one for under £4k, and under insurance group 6.

thanks again, i think i'm intrested in the 1.9 D turbo......coz they did it in some well nice colours after 97

Anyone know what the interior is like on these? Both pre and post facelift??? As nice and curvy as the corsa?? Cheers

Matt
M4tt

4th Aug 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

306 is a good choice in terms of price, performance, eqip levels and insurance group, isn't it only a grp 5?

handle really well too

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Facelift Peugeot 306 D Turbo - - Any opinions plz? 22 database queries in 0.1022232 seconds