corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speaker wire colours

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speaker wire colours
krismufc

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 04 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car as standard was a 1.2 corsa breeze on a s plate. I know i have not got any rear speakers so i went and got some 6x9's, but njow dont know what colour wires there are to connect them too as i cant c them behind the old grille. Do i have to wire right through the car? and if so which wires do i use for both back speakers left and right?

thakyou please
Sims

23rd Jan 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in your boot there should be panels you can take off that give you access to your rear light bulbs. in there on each side should be a pair of white wires. with one of them having a black line along it. which i believe is the negative. there are little clips which allow you to disconnect the rear speaker from the wire. then you can use the pair of wires for your 6x9s. i didn't disconnect my rear speakers. i just took wires to my 6x9s from my rear speaker wires.
Richie

23rd Jan 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically you have 6 speakers running in your car altogether sims? You have your 6x9's AND you rears running with each other??
Sims

23rd Jan 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah austin mate. but i have an amp for the wires from my rear speakers to go into. to power my 6x9s

currently not the best setup to have. but it sounds ok

[Edited on 23-01-2004 by Sims]
krismufc

23rd Jan 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but i currently have no rear speakers as standard. I managed to find the wires on one side but not the passangers side, any ideas? are they just the same?

New Poll