corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » information on 2.o 16v conversion in a corsa 'B'

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author information on 2.o 16v conversion in a corsa 'B'
oztek corsa

User status: Offline
20th Jan 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right im doing a college assignment on converting a corsa 'B' to a 2.0 16v, i need as much information on this as possible. Including fuel system changes, suspension changes, chassis modifications needed/susgestions brakes etc. basically need to gather as much information as i can so i can complete this project!thanks for any help given oztek
LukeGSi

20th Jan 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u lee mitchell or beardy, these are the guys who know!!
stuyw

20th Jan 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the search function m8
DP.

20th Jan 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done it myself with some help.... theres plenty of info on here and www.migweb.co.uk
MattyB

20th Jan 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick over view for u mate....i may have missed some stuff out, but just to get u started......

brakes - uprate to 256mm ATEs or V6 set up. Rear disc conversion not necessary, drums are fine, altho they do look nice. Standard 1600cc set up wud probably do the job with uprated discs/pads, but i wudnt trust em for slowing u down from 140mph.

suspension - preferable to use whole new aftermarket set up (uprated shocks + springs), coilovers if the pennies allow, but not necessary. Standard dampers with lowering springs may do the trick, but car will sit lower than before due to weight of engine, so depending on the set up, stability problems may occur from this.

chassis - no modifcations required, although seen a few ppl have fully welded the car, including fitting a cage, strengthening tie bars etc, but only really necessary if ur looking to heavily tune the lump, or if ur using it for motorsports

Fuel system - same fuel (unleaded), and same tank, but use a GSi/Sport pump if the car was originally <1400cc. Fuel lines etc remain the same, obviously until the engine where new connections etc are made

Electrics - Use 2.0 16v ECU + loom, which in most cases hooks straight up to the corsa stuff. Some minor mods required such as some sensors that are/arnt needed after the conversion

Transmission: New driveshafts required, purchased from custom companies such as SBD, courtney, PVD etc. Use the 2.0 16v gear box (F20), or use a 6 speed box from the 4WD calibra (F28). Some people even use the 1.6 corsa box (F16), but wont stand up to a tuned engine

Other: Custom engine mounts all round, again, shops listed above provide fitting kit.

Matt
AK

20th Jan 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F16 isnt a GSi box.... GSi uses a F15 (small block). it will not fit on c20xe (big block)

F28 needs a bit of bodging to fit

new shafts with matching hubs are best (m-tec). Shafts with tapered ends tend to be weaker and snap (mann trasmission also do shafts)
luca2020

20th Jan 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+ custom gearbox mounts
+ if u use F28 box u need to convert it to FWD
MattyB

21st Jan 04 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah....i just wrote that real quick to give him a start.

Quite interesting bout the F15!? What was the F16?? my mistake anyway!! :s

Matt
Dave

21st Jan 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F16 came on 1.8/2.0 8v engines, 18SE,20NE,20SEH etc
AdamF
Premium Member

21st Jan 04 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also on mk3 astra sports c18xel etc

New Poll