corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Infinity component installation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Infinity component installation
Keithie

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i just bought these components, the question is where should i put the crossover and tweeters? can i just replace where the standard tweeters are? and where have ppl put their crossovers.

thanks guys
Dom

14th Jan 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of people will say place the tweeters in the kick panel, but i dont see why, especially since alot of the high freqs will be soaked up by the seats/legs etc. But yea, ive got them in mine and i just cut out the grill in the handle area and wacked them in there Not simple though, a bit of cutting had to be done to the insides to get it to fit.
As for the crossover, you either can fit it on the outside for show or sink it in the foam in the door cards, which i did. Fairly easy job to do, but you need mark out where its going in the foam and then against the door, so you can cut holes in the waterproof sheeting for cable ets
Richie

14th Jan 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who the fuck would say put tweeters in the kickpanel?
corb

14th Jan 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me. get them out the way!
Richie

14th Jan 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you drive the car upside down ur a muppet
corb

14th Jan 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive upside down as it happens.
Keithie

15th Jan 04 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, ill attempt inverted driving b4 i decide where to put them then
Dom

15th Jan 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX
who the fuck would say put tweeters in the kickpanel?

is it kick panel? think thats what its called, basically the bit at the bottom of the door, has the pocket etc. Alot of people do this, but i dont see why personally. If your driving on your own then yea, perhaps the delay from the tweeter being that low will even it out, ie - having a stereo field, equal sound from both tweeters. However, as soon as some gets in ya passenger seat, it will fook it up, because the legs block the high freqs plus being down there you have stuff like the seat absorbing the high freqs too. I dont think there is any reason why you should place the tweeter than low Although im sure Tomas can give us a reason for it

Anyways, place the mid-range speaker in where the other was, cut out the grill in the handle for the tweeter (i had to cut the plastic bolt down, that screws onto the tweeter for my infinity's and cut a block out the handle to fit it all flush) and then wack the crossover in the foam. Then get some decent speaker cable and wire it all up
Keithie

16th Jan 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
is it kick panel? think thats what its called, basically the bit at the bottom of the door, has the pocket etc. Alot of people do this, but i dont see why personally. If your driving on your own then yea, perhaps the delay from the tweeter being that low will even it out, ie - having a stereo field, equal sound from both tweeters. However, as soon as some gets in ya passenger seat, it will fook it up, because the legs block the high freqs plus being down there you have stuff like the seat absorbing the high freqs too. I dont think there is any reason why you should place the tweeter than low Although im sure Tomas can give us a reason for it

Anyways, place the mid-range speaker in where the other was, cut out the grill in the handle for the tweeter (i had to cut the plastic bolt down, that screws onto the tweeter for my infinity's and cut a block out the handle to fit it all flush) and then wack the crossover in the foam. Then get some decent speaker cable and wire it all up

do u have any pics? just to get an idea what im aiming for
brezzecorsa

17th Jan 04 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u've got a corsa b like my self! i put my kappa infinity tweaters in the door handle grill fing i just took the tweeter out of its metal caseing an as 4 the crossovers there is a convenient lil place just across from the door handle an a role of duck tape later it was all sealed up! if u want some pics just give me a shout!
Keithie

17th Jan 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, thanks guys, the components are installed and working. but they sound kinda tinny to me...

i was looking at the rubber stuff u get in halfords to put inbetween the speaker and the door. anyone done anything like this and will it help??

hmm, maybe i was just expecting too much from them...i got infinitiy 6x9's and 2 10" subs in boot, so maybe they are spoiling me?
Dom

17th Jan 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the passive crossover mate there should be a -3db drop for the tweeter, wack them on that and it should sort it out abit mate Ive still gonna do that about mine and yea they are abit tinny, although im adjust it abit by wack my treble on the HU to -1, which works alright
Yea, i was expecting more from mine as well mate, but once i get an amp hooked up to them and do the -3db drop it should sound pretty MINT
Also mate, i would recommend that you some dynamat and wack it on the doors, should solve alot of problems

New Poll