corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » insurance problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance problem
bun

User status: Offline
   13th Jan 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just rang my insurence company to inform them i'm thinking about putting a 1.6 in my sri and to ask for a quote. problem is thier underwriters said they cannot quote! thay then said the only thing i can do is to get work done, get an engineers report and then they can quote me. any ideas how to get round this?
LukeGSi

13th Jan 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id ring round and make sure u can get insured on the 1.6 elsewhere just incase u fit it, get report and then they tell u to get fuckt!! If u can get insurance elsewhere then do it!!
Kerry

13th Jan 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know anyone who can get u an engineers report in the interim just to get the quote??

mind u if they refuse u insurance u are a bit stuck as they will think u already had the work done

whens ure insurance up for renewal is it worthwhile waitin til then so u can move to someone else??
LukeGSi

13th Jan 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
do u know anyone who can get u an engineers report in the interim just to get the quote??

mind u if they refuse u insurance u are a bit stuck as they will think u already had the work done

whens ure insurance up for renewal is it worthwhile waitin til then so u can move to someone else??

Thats what i was trying to say in a round-a-bout way!!! DOH!!
Kerry

13th Jan 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is if u get it done and they refuse u and u have to go elsewhere u will lost out on the years no claims ure in middle of and thats not really a good thing
Kris TD

13th Jan 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know when my mate went to do a 1.8 16v engine conversion on his old clio they wouldnt insure him, although they quite happily insured him on a clio 16v so he bought one instead, may just be worth buying a 1.6 sport fella.

New Poll