corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Insurance Question (Its not another stupid 'how i/how much' QUOTE question!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Question (Its not another stupid 'how i/how much' QUOTE question!)
Kenni

User status: Offline
27th Feb 03 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made a claim in OCT 02 which wasnt my fault. I was insured wiv CIS at the time. As i'm in England and everything tends to take 4 times as long, i'm no longer insured wiv CIS, since my policy ran out in Jan 03, BUT my claim is still on-going, cus the legal team CIS uses cant find the 3rd party d1ckhe4d.

DO CIS still have the duty to carry out my claim, although i'm not insured with them now??

Thanx
DanielJ

27th Feb 03 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think so ye m8 the accident happend under them and shud b settled by them
Makarus

27th Feb 03 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, because the accident happened when you were insured with them they have to follow the claim up to the conclusion.

I am having a problem with my insurance now, someone smashed into me, wanted to keep it out of insurance, I got quotes, they then decided to go through insurance, I told my insurance company and they said I have to pay my £400 excess to get it fixed now or I can wait till they have contacted the thrid party insurance company and when the insured driver accepts full liability (which he has no option but to do because of police report) they will then fix my car and waive the £400 excess. I am in a rush but not so much of a rush that I will hand over £400.

Its a ball ache insurance companies, they cant just find one claim, spend their time sorting that then move onto the next one, they just select them at random I think.
Kenni

27th Feb 03 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a letter today from the legal team saying the 3rd party isnt responding to their letters....fcuk sake...i gave them his insurance details and policy number, after the police question him, they planning to close my case in he doesnt respond...WTF...lets all not respond to letters if it was our fault, then not having to pay the damage.

DanielJ

27th Feb 03 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they do that m8 go 2 citizens advice an c wat they say, take them 2 court ova loss of money 4 failing to provide you with a service which u paid good money 4 or sumtyn
Kenni

27th Feb 03 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do...thanx peeps
chris_lee100

27th Feb 03 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the third party does not respond to your solicitors/insurers letters its not the end of the world.

What I did was rand the local police and adopted a victims tone, after all i was the victim coz she drove straight into the back of me (sunbed, thin, blond, not that you'd of guessed). Anyway with her reg she could tell me if she was insured in 30 secs but not who with. Your insurers can also check this and if they ignore your letters your solicitor can arrange court proceedings which permits a response in 14 days. The best advice looking back is to gather as many deatails of witness as u can, eg shop owners etc, CIS are slow but will get it boxed off in the end, it happened with me, good luck, happy compo !
Kenni

27th Feb 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem being he was drving someone elses car...but he was arrested and question the following week by the police , cus he didnt answer my calls to him, but he gave me his CORRECT name. He is insured to drive that vehicle.

pain in the butt this is..

New Poll