corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » just had a bump

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just had a bump
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
11th Jan 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
what injuries does the 103 yr old have mate? bloody amazing that hes still driving, i no its off the point but i believe that people of that age shud re-take a test or sumink! my nan drives at shes just mad, she drives way to slow, really frustrates other drives, cant reverse well etc....makes me wonder about other old pwople on the road, and the amount of them that just pull out in front of you(well iv had a fair few do it to me!)

Think he said the 103 yr old was a passenger....
broster
Premium Member

11th Jan 04 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
i agree mate you have to take your test at least 25 years after you first pass.people that age dont even no what half the road signs mean never mind which lane to be in.

glad im not the only one who thinks this, gunna do a post in general chat now lol! im board! sonund like he has no major injuries then, prob just shaken up a fair bit!
Paul H

11th Jan 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway accidents happen thats what insurance is for.
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i was well shook up aswell and now my missus is complainin of "whiplash" (HOW??)
Paul H

11th Jan 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whiplash hurts you can get it even if you are 10 mph and hit something
broster
Premium Member

11th Jan 04 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after my crash, i was stationary and a lorry hit me, he was prob doin 10mph when he hit me, but it had some force behind it!!! i went backwards fast and since then iv had a bad back, gets sore loads!
NeilRocks

11th Jan 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum got hit by a car doing 15mph. She suffered whiplash and got a £6000 payout. In all honesty I would go through it for 6k.
combatschick

11th Jan 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wanna say i was in the car and no it wasnt nothing to do with glenns driving!! So anyone who is blaming him don't itd be different it was u!! And as for the 103 yr old man i know for a fact glenn didnt sleep last night in worry!!

O and as for me complaining of whiplash i wasnt just had a soar back and neck!!! I was thrown about a bit so i have an excuse!!!
Fear

11th Jan 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear it, and i dont think people are intentionally blaming you its just the way it sounds and enless someone actually seen it happen they wouldnt get all the details!

And as you hit them i think it will probably be classed as your fault even if it was down to road conditions or something and not your driving i think thats just the way it works
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate thanks
M4rk P

11th Jan 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending if the door frame is bent you might need a new door, if not they will just put a new skin on it, new rear 3/4 panel, plastic arch. also may need to pull out the sill or weld half a new one on.

[Edited on 11-01-2004 by M4rk P]
WARPED

11th Jan 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not make some money out of your problem, you are having to pay your excess anyway and will lose no claims !

get all apssengers in your car to sue you for whiplash in exchange for a cut of what they get, remember they arent suing you, they are making the claim against your insurance (assuming you have legal cover)

3 passengers, couple of grand each, that will cover your excess and some new wheels
MattyB

11th Jan 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i've read is the first page....and this is all i have to say:

If you were driving sensibly, with appropriate adaption to the conditions; car type (3 door supermini); heavy rain (slippery, greasey + poor vis) and 3 passengers (heavy load for that car), there is NO REASON WHAT SO EVER for a nearly new car in good working order, to "start swerving everywhere".

At 40mph, there must have been some sort of large force acting on the car for it to have "slid sideways" into another car. Cats eyes will not cause this under any circumstances.

Lets face it, Speed + Inexperience cost lives.....you were lucky. Shame the innocent driver + passenger in the focus wernt.

Matt

[Edited on 11-01-2004 by MattyB]
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

huh?? inexperienced??? i'l have u know i have taken a pass plus and a rally course which helps u understand what to do in situations like this... but unfortunately it didnt come to me while it was happening... i dunno what made me swirve exacly but when u do it one day and think 'why the fcuk?' then i'l let u come back and apologise to me.
Greasemonkey

11th Jan 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Duel carrage way is a 60MPH limit, just incase you get asked by cops/insurance, only the Motorways are 70
Greasemonkey

11th Jan 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and if ya look at this damage <<<<< dont look as bad as yours but repair bill is over £3500 already still 3 weeks to go
Fear

11th Jan 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought dual carriageways were 70 aswell now
Greasemonkey

11th Jan 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i got pulled for doing 70 on a dual carrage way he said what the speed limit i said 70 he said no its 60 so i dunno just thought it was 60 from what he said
Flower of Scotland

11th Jan 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
Duel carrage way is a 60MPH limit, just incase you get asked by cops/insurance, only the Motorways are 70

Dual carriageways are 70mph as long as they've got a national speed limit sign. Single carriage ways with a national speed limit sign are 60mph
Nath

11th Jan 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were there any crosswinds? Nobody has even bothered to ask you this before they started to say that your car couldnt swerve on its own.

I've experienced bad crosswinds that can physically move your car on the road, and if it was wet with crosswinds i'd say it was a freak accident.
MattyB

11th Jan 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by combatprojex
huh?? inexperienced??? i'l have u know i have taken a pass plus and a rally course which helps u understand what to do in situations like this... but unfortunately it didnt come to me while it was happening... i dunno what made me swirve exacly but when u do it one day and think 'why the fcuk?' then i'l let u come back and apologise to me.

Pass plus - yeah, thats a shitty little course u do to get cheaper insurance, it doesnt prove ur a good driver at all. all my mates went for it, and they are shite drivers.

Rally course - hmm, this usually includes teaching you how to control slides and power delivery in harsh conditions.....so why did u manage to lose it in a low power FWD car, in rain pulling away from a round about?

Once u've come to terms that inexperience, speed and poor judgement are to blame, not the road or the car, then come back.
Craig6682

11th Jan 04 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about ur bump m8. Hope every1 is OK, especially the old couple!

A bit of T-cut will sort the car out
Makarus

12th Jan 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt think your being a little idealistic here, no driver is perfect, none at all, accidents can happen and for this reason we have insurance.

We cannot all make the perfect judgement in every single situation when driving, sometimes you could think the road isn't that slippy but when you turn you get some oversteer, but then sometimes you may mist judge it by more and end up having an accident of some kind.

Shit happens man, stop ripping it out of him and realise this.
Andy

12th Jan 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A car never 'just starts swerving' for no reason. Whatever the reason(s), you misjudged the conditions and were caught out. Why not just admit it? We all make mistakes driving and I'm no exception. It worries me though that you seem to think you're blameless, inwhich case you're unlikely to learn from the experience.
MattyB

12th Jan 04 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
A car never 'just starts swerving' for no reason. Whatever the reason(s), you misjudged the conditions and were caught out. Why not just admit it? We all make mistakes driving and I'm no exception. It worries me though that you seem to think you're blameless, inwhich case you're unlikely to learn from the experience.

exactly

Makurus, tell us, has ur car ever started swerving for no reason at all @ 40mph? I dont believe it has, because this just doesnt happen.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll