corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » just had a bump

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just had a bump
PainZ

User status: Offline
10th Jan 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dousey
You don't really seem bothered that the passenger had to be airlifted to hospital. In fact, you are a kinda bragging about it. Think that is a bit off.

aggreed!

if you knew the roads where in a wet or slippy condition, why was u thinking of over taking another car, why was u even going 40mph?

That man could be dead right now and because u wasnt driving correctly for the road conditions it could well be your fault.

Mav 3000

10th Jan 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Agreed. Sort your priorities out.
sfxer

10th Jan 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your gonna pay the 500 excess anyway towards the other car etc. so u should do yours through insurance.

more than "a bump" i'd say, especially for the focus occupants.
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PainZ
quote:
Originally posted by dousey
You don't really seem bothered that the passenger had to be airlifted to hospital. In fact, you are a kinda bragging about it. Think that is a bit off.

aggreed!

if you knew the roads where in a wet or slippy condition, why was u thinking of over taking another car, why was u even going 40mph?

That man could be dead right now and because u wasnt driving correctly for the road conditions it could well be your fault.

sorry but u seem to have the wrong idea... i was on a dual carriageway!!! and... the speed limit is????? erm let me think 70!!!

and no i ent braggin... i havent stopped thinkin about him so why dont u get a life rather than assumin i wanted him dead and i done it on purpose!!
TOMAS

11th Jan 04 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chill out geeza! I'd worry about being prosecuted for dangerous driving first, I dont see how a car with road legal tyres can "just start swerving all over the place" at 40mph even in heavy rain unless it was aqua-planeing (spelling). You COULD end up with a conviction and if its your 1st year of driving i'd be worried.

Just get it sorted through your insurance.
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think it might have had something to do with the cats eyes in the middle of the road! cos just after hittin those i started to swerve!!

i dunno what my rights are or what'll happen...

copper's comin round at 11 so i'll find out then!!
stevegreetham

11th Jan 04 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old r u and how long have u been driving?
m-dot

11th Jan 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant blame the roads, your supposed to addapt your driving to the conditions... copper will give u the options of prosecution or safe driving course
paul_spurrell

11th Jan 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
I dont see how a car with road legal tyres can "just start swerving all over the place" at 40mph even in heavy rain unless it was aqua-planeing (spelling).

Agree!!

Also cats eyes are spring loaded and go into the road
stevegreetham

11th Jan 04 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40mph on a duel carridgeway roundabout in wet conditions is 2 fast imo. keep us updated wiv what u get told tho m8
broster
Premium Member

11th Jan 04 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats gutting mate, sorry to here it, combatprojex aint the type to not give a damn about the focus driver, end of the day the road was wet, prob greecy as its a round about and trucks will be leaving shit there! uv just gotta get exactly what happened down on paper, was there any1 else in ur car? any whitnesses? if one person says you were driving to fast or whatever ull be up for a battle! hope you get it all sorted mate!
broster
Premium Member

11th Jan 04 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stevegreetham
40mph on a duel carridgeway roundabout in wet conditions is 2 fast imo. keep us updated wiv what u get told tho m8

he had just exited the round about, wasnt doing 40 round it!
TOMAS

11th Jan 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then mate, but im sure many will agree that it does sound a bit weak. So he was exiting the roundabout... Presumably in the outside lane. Well the laws of physics would say that if he slid it would be towards the central reservation/barrier as thats the way centrifugal (spelling) force would throw him. Then explain how he managed to mash the drivers side? Unless the focus slid into him OR the focus wasnt properly in the inside lane it cant happen.
The only other possibilities is that he started to slide, and over corrected, fishtaled and swiped the focus but still his fault. Other than that I assume he could of trimmed up the island and cut into the inside lane without checking his left mirror for inside traffic.
Either way he's going to have a VERY hard time proving that it wasnt his fault... Also the fact that he's young and in a modified car (boy racer) and the other was a standard Focus with a VERY elderly person as passenger aint going to 'look' too good either. We'll hear the outcome...

[Edited on 11-01-2004 by TOMAS]
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx 4 backin me up broster.... yeah i had my girlfriend in the car and my bruva and a mate!!! heavy load!! got a few witnesses that say i werent driving carelessly... police have left it so i am cleared unless anything happens to the 103 year old man which i really hope it dont. its all down on paper now... so i think it was just a case of road conditions and a slap on the wrist and drive carefully.

really sorry if i have come across to u as i am braggin about it but like broster said... he has met me and knows that it aint my style to drive dangerously or not give a crap about the people in the other veichle
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Ok then mate, but im sure many will agree that it does sound a bit weak. So he was exiting the roundabout... Presumably in the outside lane. Well the laws of physics would say that if he slid it would be towards the central reservation/barrier as thats the way centrifugal (spelling) force would throw him. Then explain how he managed to mash the drivers side? Unless the focus slid into him OR the focus wasnt properly in the inside lane it cant happen.
The only other possibilities is that he started to slide, and over corrected, fishtaled and swiped the focus but still his fault. Other than that I assume he could of trimmed up the island and cut into the inside lane without checking his left mirror for inside traffic.
Either way he's going to have a VERY hard time proving that it wasnt his fault... Also the fact that he's young and in a modified car (boy racer) and the other was a standard Focus with a VERY elderly person as passenger aint going to 'look' too good either. We'll hear the outcome...

[Edited on 11-01-2004 by TOMAS]

^^^^ dont think u get it mate.... go back to page 1 and read what happened again before u jump to any conclusions
broster
Premium Member

11th Jan 04 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, when ever iv followed you down motorway and that, uv never sped or out like that, also aint it the passenger side that uv hit? and also it looks like hes over corrected the car and swung into the focus, happens in the wet, done it myself onces of twice but never hit anything, just unlucky that there was some1 there, accidents happen, fact of life! glad ur getting it sorted mate!
stevegreetham

11th Jan 04 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o rite, thats ok then m8, just glad ur not in the sh*t
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i aint out of it yet... like i said 30 days for the 103 year old!! i wouldnt drive like a twat my fiancee was in the car and i wouldnt ever put her life at risk
NeilRocks

11th Jan 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speeding with 4 people in a 1.2? That's impossible anyway. Just make sure the outside witnesses tell the truth and you should be fine.

I flashed my ass at my old twat neighbour and he called the cops. They said they can't do nowt to me as there were no outside witnesses. That's who counts.
broster
Premium Member

11th Jan 04 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what injuries does the 103 yr old have mate? bloody amazing that hes still driving, i no its off the point but i believe that people of that age shud re-take a test or sumink! my nan drives at shes just mad, she drives way to slow, really frustrates other drives, cant reverse well etc....makes me wonder about other old pwople on the road, and the amount of them that just pull out in front of you(well iv had a fair few do it to me!)
Paul H

11th Jan 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a common case of getting too close to the car in front and then pulling out to fast causing the car to loose control
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well all the witnesses say that i wasnt drivin like a prick or that i was speeding... cos i wasnt!

the 103 year old was the passenger he just has minor injuries... seat belt injuries and a cut on the knee... his wife (i think she was his wife any way) was driving... she was 90 odd
Paul H

11th Jan 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
what injuries does the 103 yr old have mate? bloody amazing that hes still driving, i no its off the point but i believe that people of that age shud re-take a test or sumink! my nan drives at shes just mad, she drives way to slow, really frustrates other drives, cant reverse well etc....makes me wonder about other old pwople on the road, and the amount of them that just pull out in front of you(well iv had a fair few do it to me!)
i agree mate you have to take your test at least 25 years after you first pass.people that age dont even no what half the road signs mean never mind which lane to be in.
combatprojex

11th Jan 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they can see them
Paul H

11th Jan 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by combatprojex
well all the witnesses say that i wasnt drivin like a prick or that i was speeding... cos i wasnt!

the 103 year old was the passenger he just has minor injuries... seat belt injuries and a cut on the knee... his wife (i think she was his wife any way) was driving... she was 90 odd
doesn't matter how fast you was going if you pull out to fast you will always loose it

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll