corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust manifold wrap = cracks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust manifold wrap = cracks
miles

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a janspeed mild steel 4-2-1 manifold. I wrapped it in the heat wrap stuff when my new engine went in about 6 months ago. I was under the car yesterday and noticed a black sotty mark on the wrap where it had been blowing. I unwrapped it and one of the 2-1 sections had completely cracked all around, except where the lambda boss is welded between the 2.

I had been told before that the heat wrap can cause manifolds to crack on road cars due to the different temperature ranges to race cars.

Now I know its true!

I just took it off and used my new (unfound) welding skills to repair it, I might put it back on now, or tomorrow.

So anyone who has, or is thinking of it, dont......

New Poll