corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe running but couple of fault codes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe running but couple of fault codes
DP.

User status: Offline
1st Jan 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally finishd my corsa gsi 20xe conversion yesterday and took it out for a spin However, when starting today and taking it out for another spin it didn't seem to be quite right. Kinda felt like it was only running on 3 cylinders when started and had to rev it quite a bit initially otherwise it would cut out. When driving it seemed to he hesitant at times off and on and ecu light flashed on a couple of times.

I read the codes off and got the following:

UPDATED

31 - Engine RPM signal (crankshaft sensor) - No signal
45 - Oxygen sensor Air/fuel mixture - too rich
93 - Hall Effect Switch (HES) - Low voltage

i stopped reading em there as i think it was repeating the codes.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers!

[Edited on 01-01-2004 by DP.]
clarkie

1st Jan 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few trapped wires? if you've caught a few wires they might be shorted to each other causing current to flow down the wrong wires. or maybe bent pin on the ecu, causing the same to happen.

just a guess, im used to workin on jaguars, but when we get faults like that, bent pin or trapped wire's usualy the cause.
Adam_B

1st Jan 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think by the first 2, 21 + 31 are supposed to be the othere way round like later. 12 + 13, as it always does 12 first.

31 - Engine RPM signal (crankshaft sensor) - No signal, is a little sensor sticking out the block just behind the exhaust manifold, probly broke. Mine was, £90 from vaux or £30 from a local motor factors
clarkie

1st Jan 04 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but i doubt that would cause all those faults. if the engine ran well with no fault codes in the previous car, its very unlikely that all those componants broke when mounting it in your car.

[Edited on 01-01-2004 by clarkie]
DP.

1st Jan 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry adam.. you were right! the first two were 12 and 13. I have updated the post.
Adam_B

1st Jan 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt say it would, u probly know more than me but that code number 31 is one ive had and thats how i fixed it
clarkie

1st Jan 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im only an aprentice so i often get things wrong, but as we've had an 'update' it might well be the engine speed sensor, if the ecu doesnt know how fast the engine's spinning it wont be able to aply the right mixture so it'll run on a set value.
i stress again im only an aprentice so im often wrong.

[Edited on 01-01-2004 by clarkie]

New Poll