corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What Suspension...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What Suspension...
PaulW

User status: Offline
26th Dec 03 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently got the Spax RSX Coilover setup on my car, but given the fact I'm gona be fitting a 2ltr this coming year, would it be ok to keep this, or would it be better to change it.

It's lowered the car 60mm, and is currently on a set of 15's (et38). I'm going to be changing the wheels for another set of 15's (et45-49) when the engine is in, but am unsure wether to keep the spax kit, or change it for another set of coilovers which would give me a drop of around 40mm-50mm.

I'll be needing some harder springs up front too for the extra weight of the 2ltr.
Marc D

26th Dec 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep em
TOMAS

26th Dec 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you just wind them up to 45-50mm??? the springs that are in the rsx kit are rated at 200lb, they are plenty hard enough but if you want harder then you can buy springs from rally design for about £15 each. Are you sure you have coilovers?
PaulW

26th Dec 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I am sure they are coilovers - fitted them myself last year

wasn't aware they were rated at 200lb though, will keep em to see how they handle, but i'd like to bring the car up a bit when the 2ltr is in
stuyw

26th Dec 03 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if uve got 200lb rated springs with the coilovers then the 2.0 aint gonna drop that much than it is now
PaulW

26th Dec 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well am gona send all the dampers back to spax get the refurbed, the rears are a bit soft on one side & the adjuster seems to make no difference.

they quoted me £25 per shock to refurb them, recon its a good price?
TOMAS

26th Dec 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems reasonable but rear individual spax shocks are cheap anyway... I have a spare rear spax adjustable off my old setup. You can have it for £20 delivered...
PaulW

26th Dec 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no harm in having a spare!

I get paid 18th of Jan, so if its still available I'll have it taa!
broster
Premium Member

26th Dec 03 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely a standard shock wont fit the coil over set up thoi? or are they not coil overs on the rear
TOMAS

26th Dec 03 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not coilovers. Fixed 60mm springs with adjustable damp-rate dampers.

The damper is out of a PSX kit, are the RSX kits different at all? If you want it just send me a U2U with details when youre ready

New Poll