corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Out of how many of you tell your insurance of mods???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Out of how many of you tell your insurance of mods???
leon_in_uk

User status: Offline
   17th Dec 03 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering,
M2RTY

17th Dec 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me

silly not too as u can say buy buy to everythging if u crash
stuyw

17th Dec 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive declared everything as ive got limited mileage and also agreed value, its not worth taking the chance as most dont up ur premium for zorst n the like
Red_SXi

17th Dec 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with liverpool victoria, i tried to tell them but they said it doesn't matter at all abuot mods
Greasemonkey

17th Dec 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurance know about everything, its the best way cos i had my car smashed up causing over £2500 of damage and if i hadnt told them about my alloys suspension, lights etc they would have refused to replace them, of just give me standard shite, or say you didnt tell us about that you insurance is void good bye.
Works out for the best, might be getting my old lexus lights replaced with the new style and me old action alloys replaced with T12's cos they have to cos i told them about it
broster
Premium Member

17th Dec 03 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im with liverpool victoria too, just told me to take photo's of all my cars mods trying to get the numberplate in the pics so they no its on my car
Mistamist

17th Dec 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup i told them everything, as long as its not performance enhancing they dont care a fcuk. shiny big rims.....no increase etc etc
leon_in_uk

17th Dec 03 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have told mine of my alloys, i have a backbox and engine mods, and lexus lights!!! does the back lights count??????
Gambit

17th Dec 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me, as all mine are covered at no extra cost no matter what i do to it
Greasemonkey

17th Dec 03 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the back lights do cos the replacments for mine as standard are £35 mine got smashed and its costing them £135 to replace my lexus
leon_in_uk

17th Dec 03 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it dont matter bout induction kits tho does it??? whos gona no??
broster
Premium Member

17th Dec 03 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point in not telling them, i had an astra which id just put some piper cams in, fully exhaust with 4branch and lowered, only been done 2days when i was stationary and a lorry hit it, totally wrote it off, didnt get any money back for any of the bits id put on and the only bit i could save was the exhaust and rear suspension, all the rest was a loss! so id tell the insurers before i do anything now!
Greasemonkey

17th Dec 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if you dont tell them about induction kit make sure you keep the standard bits to put back on before the insurers send out an engineer to inspect it when something goes wrong
broster
Premium Member

17th Dec 03 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leon_in_uk
it dont matter bout induction kits tho does it??? whos gona no??

yes, if u are unable to swop the kit over to standard air box then they will see when they inspect the car, i.e. if u have a crash and u get put in hospital, u wont be able to swop it over before they come and look at your car, so insurers will let you off, others wont!!!
leon_in_uk

17th Dec 03 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im gona tell em when it needs renewin! at least the 1ncb will knock it down anyway!!!
leon_in_uk

17th Dec 03 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are endsleigh any good for mods then????
Adam

17th Dec 03 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't declare my alloys when i was with direct line, they wouldn't fix the car till i payed £100 to have them added to my policy
gregwilko

17th Dec 03 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it thought most insurers just replaced standard value of car unless you have agreed value?? whats the deal with delocking or uprated brakes??? does this increase premium cause car is more desirable??
cobra148

17th Dec 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurers will use any excuse at all not to pay out. If you have any mods, no matter how small or insignificant you might think they are, it is best to declare them. If not, if you should have an accident, thats the excuse they are looking for.
I had no end of problems with an insurance claim several years ago, it was all because I had stuck a chrome badge that said V6 on the rear hatch, how petty is that?
leon_in_uk

17th Dec 03 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
Insurers will use any excuse at all not to pay out. If you have any mods, no matter how small or insignificant you might think they are, it is best to declare them. If not, if you should have an accident, thats the excuse they are looking for.
I had no end of problems with an insurance claim several years ago, it was all because I had stuck a chrome badge that said V6 on the rear hatch, how petty is that?

quality point insurers make shit loads of money, they nether wanna pay out, there basstards
Gavin
Premium Member

17th Dec 03 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i told them everythng....even when i upgraded my front and rear bumpers to the post 97 corsa ones...

dont want to take the rest....cos when u need to claim off them, they wil try and find something that will allow them not to pay out !!!!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Andy_S

17th Dec 03 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive not told them anything yet, gonna give them a phone call when the cars finished. Might forget the NOS tho!
Makarus

17th Dec 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am with LV, told them about all my mods, they said it doesn't matter but I made sure that they had logged it on screen (as far as I know they did anyway) so that they had a record that I had told them about my mods.
mattcorsa16v99

17th Dec 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ASKED HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO DECLARE ALLOYS. THEY SAID AN EXTRA £350 A YEAR SO I AINT TOLD THEM ABOUT ANY OF THE MODS.WHEN I WROTE MY FIRST CAR OFF I JUST HAD TO WHIP THE WHEELS AND INDUCTION KIT OFF. THEN THE ENGINEER VALUED IT AND DIDNT NOTICE THE LOWERING SPRINGS!
J100RSA

17th Dec 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine no about everything evern engine but i do pay next to fook all

New Poll